Guess whats in the box!

jamesrb

[H]ard|Gawd
This could be my first Christmas in a while without anything video game, or even computer related. There was one suspicious looking package under the tree though that is really got me wondering. Here are the dimensions:

Approx 7.5 in x 10.75 in x 13 in

I am thinking this could be one of those new Gamecube/Mario Kart Bundles... Any thoughts? I thought most systems had a hole in the box where a UPC could be scanned on the system, but I didn't feel one and didnt notice these holes on gamecube boxes..

EDIT: it appears that there is no hole in the gamecube boxes, but a special sticker with a serial number as seen a picture on this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8156429482&rd=1

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Maybe he measured with his.... :confused: . not going there tho ;)

I think that however guesses right should get the present!

My guess is a ferrari. If I guess right i get it

/me waits

It's the Intellivision that your parents hid in the attic and forgot about 20 years ago. Merry Belated Christmas!

Your missing a key element, weight, how much does it weigh? then one of us could weigh one of our cubes in box and maybe give you an answer ;)

EDIt: an easy way to find out is to weigh yourself, write it down then hold the box while weighing yourself and see differnce (only cause i doubt something like a normal bathroom scale will register a few pounds of just the box laying on it)

Bobsaysthis said:
Your missing a key element, weight, how much does it weigh? then one of us could weigh one of our cubes in box and maybe give you an answer ;)

EDIt: an easy way to find out is to weigh yourself, write it down then hold the box while weighing yourself and see differnce (only cause i doubt something like a normal bathroom scale will register a few pounds of just the box laying on it)

That method also works really well for weighing your pets. I've got a Siberian Husky, and when I was apartment hunting I needed to know her weight. Simple weigh-by-difference and you have the answer.

Damn, I love science.

The dog weighing method is only aplicable if your have a normal dog. I have a newfoundland, they get up to around 150 and they dont like being held while you try to weigh them on a scale.

WAIT! What if its a dog??!?! That would be ironic! Are there airholes? Open it before oyur dog soffucates(sp?)!?!?!

Does it have any oily patches or wires sticking out of it? Does it tick or vibrate? If so, I wouldn't open it...

My guess is it weights 6-8 lbs...

We do not have a scale around here though, so its just an approximation...

2 Controls, the Cube, the game, and whatever else is in the box.... hmmm..

You sure its a gamecube?
My GameCube box (I still have it) measures 9 1/8 x 5 1/2 x 9 3/4.

kcchan1 said:
You sure its a gamecube?
My GameCube box (I still have it) measures 9 1/8 x 5 1/2 x 9 3/4.

No, I am not sure. The box would be bigger than a standard gamecube box since it has an extra controller and a game in there too.

Maybe somebody that bought one of those bundles can verify the dimensions.

come on, where are the pro's.
cut a small slit in the bottom and look into a bit for a slight hint of whats in there.
it could be a small white box with anything in it, it could be a GC, it could be a small laptop, it could be a dildo, it could be silverware...list goes on.

alright kid, here's what you do.

Follow these orders EXACTLY. No skipping steps. When no one is home, and ONLY when no one is home, grab a small pot and fill it with water and put it on the stove until the water turns to steam. (Do not retrieve the package yet because if someone comes home and sees you, you can always say you are making tea or something). Then go to the tree and make sure you note the EXACT location of the package before you retrieve it. Take it to the pot on the stove and slowly lower it to the steam. The steam will soften the glue on the tape that's on the package allowing you to open and examine it without your mission being compromised. This takes patience and experience so try it out on a dummy package. Wrap one up yourself and practice. Then you can re-wrap your present and return it to the exact location under the tree. Merry Christmas kid.........

jamesrb said:
This could be my first Christmas in a while without anything video game, or even computer related. There was one suspicious looking package under the tree though that is really got me wondering. Here are the dimensions:

I am thinking this could be one of those new Gamecube/Mario Kart Bundles... Any thoughts? I thought most systems had a hole in the box where a UPC could be scanned on the system, but I didn't feel one and didnt notice these holes on gamecube boxes..

EDIT: it appears that there is no hole in the gamecube boxes, but a special sticker with a serial number as seen a picture on this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8156429482&rd=1

your measuring your xmas gifts down to a 1/4 of an inch? man you need to get out of the house more often

dariob said:
Or you just wait three whole days to find out what it is....

No kidding. Sheesh. Where's the mystery anymore, people? The older you get, the more you realize that it's best just to let the anticipation build up. Then, no matter what, you're excited when you open up your gift.

jamesrb said:

Sorry, Gamecube boxes measure only in metric measurements. :p

Seriously, relax, go outside, wait a few days and the anticipation will make it more than worth it. Enjoy the holidays for what they are; too damned short. :(

yeah, 2-3 days depending on your tradition. sheesh, just go play kotor 2 non stop till then. =D

icehokplyr said:
alright kid, here's what you do.

Follow these orders EXACTLY. No skipping steps. When no one is home, and ONLY when no one is home, grab a small pot and fill it with water and put it on the stove until the water turns to steam. (Do not retrieve the package yet because if someone comes home and sees you, you can always say you are making tea or something). Then go to the tree and make sure you note the EXACT location of the package before you retrieve it. Take it to the pot on the stove and slowly lower it to the steam. The steam will soften the glue on the tape that's on the package allowing you to open and examine it without your mission being compromised. This takes patience and experience so try it out on a dummy package. Wrap one up yourself and practice. Then you can re-wrap your present and return it to the exact location under the tree. Merry Christmas kid.........

Tips from a pro?

Why don't you just wait until you can open it? If I knew what I got and it was something really good then I wouldn't be able to stand waiting for it and if you find out it is something crappy christmas will be misrable.

He could wait the three days, but dont you guys remeber what it was like to be young and restless? By the time I was 12 I was so damn good at guessing what I got by weighing, eyeballing, and shaking my gifts that my brother started wrapping mine in various other boxes first :D .

a pumpkin.....they expect you to make pie christmas morning...

my dad just came home with a radio shack bag :confused:

Stacy: "Hi Wayne!"

Wayne: "Hi Stacy."

Stacy: "I got you a birthday present!"

Wayne: "If it's a severed head I'm going to be very upset."

Wayne opens present. It's a gun rack.

Wayne: "A gun rack? I don't even own A gun let alone MANY guns which would necessitate a gun rack. What's wrong with you?"

-even though Stacy was a psycho hose beast, would you do her? Yeah, me too!

carl67lp said:
No kidding. Sheesh. Where's the mystery anymore, people? The older you get, the more you realize that it's best just to let the anticipation build up. Then, no matter what, you're excited when you open up your gift.

Very true.

WickedAngel said:
Blowdryers are far easier than using the boiling-water method.

Good idea but I would think the blow dryer would damage the paper. No?
Either way, I have not opened a gift in years. I'm a retired kid.
Merry Christmas

Mekanic01 said:
Tips from a pro?

I wouldn't refer to myself so much as a pro. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I doubt my Mother was fooled by my attempts to open gifts. Who knows....... But I had fun doing it. ;)

I always just tore a little tiny bit of paper on the corner to see what it was. Then my mom got smart and put all me presents in another box and weighted them with shit. So the last few years at home were impossible to guess what I was getting. And now I'm old (23 :p) and I don't get many cool presents anymore. :mad:

dariob said:
Or you just wait three whole days to find out what it is....

That is the lazy man's way of doing things!

jk

Or you could just rub lemon juice on it and see what shows through the paper...just hide it in the back under the tree as it drys....it will go back to normal after it dries.

OR I have had great luck when I was growing up using an Exacto knife and scotch tape.

OMHECK! I spelled dries two different ways, in the same run-on sentance! I am leaving it there to teach myself a lesson.

Qwertyman said:
its another box

Hmm actually when I got my SegaSaturn long ago... It was double wrapped.. made my flashlight technique useless.... :p

Back