GTX770

Pusher of Buttons

[H]ard|Gawd
Just trying to get some opinions...

I've got one sitting in a box, gently used, is there enough value for it to try and sell it or is it too far past it's prime? The 2GB on it is killer unfortunately.

Keep in mind that the 770 is the same as the 680, for whatever that's worth. I'm actually running 3x 680 in SLI. 2GB isn't an issue for anyone who runs at 1080P. I run a 120hz 1080P monitor and they run great.

Keep in mind that the 770 is the same as the 680, for whatever that's worth. I'm actually running 3x 680 in SLI. 2GB isn't an issue for anyone who runs at 1080P. I run a 120hz 1080P monitor and they run great.

It was my daily driver, but moved to a RX480 when I bought an ultrawide monitor. I had to drop settings back quite a bit for things to run upgraded from 1080p. I don't have enough spare bits lying around to put together a reasonable home theater pc or anything at the moment so it's kind of in limbo.

Just trying to get some opinions...

I've got one sitting in a box, gently used, is there enough value for it to try and sell it or is it too far past it's prime? The 2GB on it is killer unfortunately.

Bah, It's a worthless card and you will never get the kind of money you would expect by selling it.
So you might as well just gift it to me(will pay shipping) and I will make sure it receives a nice happy retirement. :D

You have clearly never played any recent game from the last year to today, that or of course you lack from the power to run newer games with settings that can go beyond mid settings that impact heavily the VRAM, actually there are games where even less than 6GB are issues at 1080P.

You have clearly never played any recent game from the last year to today, that or of course you lack from the power to run newer games with settings that can go beyond mid settings that impact heavily the VRAM, actually there are games where even less than 6GB are issues at 1080P.

Yeah, if I was the kind of person who felt the need to max AA, etc, mainly just to pat myself on the back, I'd be in real trouble.

Anyone who is in the market for a card like the 770 should do fine with 2GB of ram. In my case I'm just getting my money's worth out of hardware that I already have.

Yeah, if I was the kind of person who felt the need to max AA, etc, mainly just to pat myself on the back, I'd be in real trouble.

Anyone who is in the market for a card like the 770 should do fine with 2GB of ram. In my case I'm just getting my money's worth out of hardware that I already have.
How are you getting your money's worth running Tri SLI when so many games don't even prperly support that? I think it's already been discussed to death that nearly one-third of even Triple A games don't even support SLI at all never mind Tri SLI. And I would think someone crazy enough to be running three cards would actually be wanting to run the highest settings they can possibly run which of course 2 gigs would kill you on.

How are you getting your money's worth running Tri SLI when so many games don't even prperly support that? I think it's already been discussed to death that nearly one-third of even Triple A games don't even support SLI at all never mind Tri SLI. And I would think someone crazy enough to be running three cards would actually be wanting to run the highest settings they can possibly run which of course 2 gigs would kill you on.

The games I care about support SLI just fine. No, I don't expect to run the highest settings simply because of the number of cards in my system :rolleyes:. They are old cards. I feel like I still get good performance relative to the age of the hardware. Now let's stop shitting on the OP's thread with off-topic discussion about SLI.

The games I care about support SLI just fine. No, I don't expect to run the highest settings simply because of the number of cards in my system :rolleyes:. They are old cards. I feel like I still get good performance relative to the age of the hardware. Now let's stop shitting on the OP's thread with off-topic discussion about SLI.
You can you can roll your eyes right back at yourself for being silly enough to hold on to 3 old cards just to get your money's worth. Seems like it would have been basic common sense to just sell those cards when they were actually worth something and buy a single card. Of course all the games you play support SLI just fine so I guess reality is not where you're at anyway.

You can you can roll your eyes right back at yourself for being silly enough to hold on to 3 old cards just to get your money's worth. Seems like it would have been basic common sense to just sell those cards when they were actually worth something and buy a single card. Of course all the games you play support SLI so I guess reality is not where you're at anyway.

You realize that I didn't actually recommend SLI to anyone, nor advocate for SLI in any way, right? Do you always get this huffy-puffy simply when people mention SLI in a thread?

2GB is a very real limitation, even at 1080p. I had 2 680 SLI 2GB cards and I was almost always limited by VRAM, not GPU grunt.

That said, for the casual gamer, they still make serviceable 1080p cards as long as you're not expecting to play the more demanding games at anything past medium.

I sold one of mine and slapped the other in a spare parts build paired with an i5 2500 and gave it away to a friend. He's been happily playing games like BF1 and Just Cause 3 for the past year at performance and detail levels he's content with.

Back