• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GTX465 and what?

Jobo

n00b
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
13
I bought an EVGA GTX465 about a year ago and is been great, but thinking about SLI and checking diffenrent websites and stores I noticed that the 465 is no longer around.

I was curious as to why they are no longer available. Also, if I wanted to do an SLI with the card I have do I just get a 460?
 
The GTX460 1GB's better than the GTX465 tbh, usually cheaper, still a great overclocker, and more efficient. Of course, if it's a 465 you already have, then another 465 it must be for SLI. Just bear in mind those 400 odd watts are only getting you the performance of a single 580 between them.
 
I think only a few 465s can be flashed. There was a discussion about the PNY 465 refurb on newegg being able to be flashed if you got the one with a black pcb, but not the blue one.
 
Only early PNY's with the black pcb and MSI's twin frozr golden edition could be flashed into 470s. All other 465's are missing the ram required.
 
Back
Top