• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

gtx280 in a Qpack?

board2death986

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
1,404
Simple and plain, wondering if a gtx280 will fit into a Qpack.

I know about the clearance issues with the power connectors, but I found a mATX motherboard with the PCI-E x16 slot towards the edge which should clear the upper drive cage, I just need to know if the card will fit lengthwise.
 
I'm thinking of the DFI board with the parallel ports (with an nvidia gpu?? yea i know :rolleyes:), and OC'ing isn't really my shindig.
 
I just tried putting my GTX 260 (same dimensions as GTX280) in my Micro Fly (same thing as QPack) and the front panel headers AND the CMOS battery (forgot about that one) got in the way of putting it in the outer PCI-E slot. Why they mounted the CMOS battery vertically is beyond me, knowing that a dual slot card would interfere with it.

Go with the P5E-VM HDMI unless you plan on going Crossfire. It is possible to get the card in there with just the slightest bit of bending to get the power connectors engaged. Once they're on, the card sits straight.
 
th_NewBitmapImage-2.jpg


DAMN!
 
Back
Top