GTX260 and Fah_Core v1-07

lelliott731

[H]ard DCOTM April 2017
Hello folks, I was just curious as to what others were getting regarding the GTX260 GPU in terms of PPD.

Also, I can't seem to find the v1.07 Fah_Core, the current client download gets v1.08, and all the links I seem to find are broken for the old core. So if someone has one, I'd really appreciate it!

Trust me, get the 1.08, 1.07 is partially broken so it's useless. No ppd loss with 1,08 and average 6700-7100 ppd with my GTX 260 with the shaders overclocked to 1512 Mhz.

I haven't had any problems with the 1.08 core.
My GTX260 is 621/1512/999 and running about 7k ppd now (more or less depending on the wu) (62C at load with the fan on 65%)
It folds like crazy and I imagine it plays games well too. Will have to verify the gaming some time in the future when the work severs are down again ;)

Ok, so did you keep the core & memory at stock speeds? And just overclocked the shaders? Or did you keep the core/shader ratio the same?

Thanks for your help Stef!

Stock on a GTX260 is 576core/ 1242 shader/999 mem. From what I have heard adjustments to the memory do next to nothing for ppd, core changes make a little change to ppd and shaders make big changes to ppd. I was unable to get my shaders over ~1550 and the unit would reset the shaders to 600 after it would crap out. A system reboot would allow you to reset the shaders to something more useful. Just unlink the core and the shaders and get the most out of the shaders you can. Putting the core up super high will just give you more heat to deal with and not a lot of extra ppd.

Trust me, get the 1.08, 1.07 is partially broken so it's useless. No ppd loss with 1,08 and average 6700-7100 ppd with my GTX 260 with the shaders overclocked to 1512 Mhz.
What's broken with 1.07? Are you stating that the science isn't valid with that core? If so, I'll update it ASAP.

I said partially broken because those who have 1.07 working fine will produce valid results. Those who have a few issues running this core will produce bad results and that's why they pulled 1.07 out of the public.

For 1.08, just delete the current core and it will download a new one.

I am really getting excited about getting this card going. I bought it Friday from newegg, but it wont be delivered till tomorrow probably, maybe Thursday. My ppd will get quite the infusion from this. Sadly, I am sure my threat list will not empty, only change the rates at which they are gaining on me and maybe some of the names.

For 1.08, just delete the current core and it will download a new one.

Does 1.08 do anything else nifty? features, etc? Worth it to go box to box if 1.07 is going strong?

Does 1.08 do anything else nifty? features, etc? Worth it to go box to box if 1.07 is going strong?

Well, if 1.07 works fine, no need to do anything since Vijay mentionned a forced upgrade very soon if 1.08 testing goes well.

LOL i swear once I get my farm all moved and organized I'm going to beta more! Just been working to cool the room, run more power and re-organize. I still need to run my last KVM... but I digress...

cool then I'll just wait for 1.08 to auto upgrade.

Back