GTX Titan Z shadows flashing/flickering

Hello,

I own a GTX Titan Z that is still on warranty. I am running the card at the factory 706mhz base clock with no temp, power, or clock offsets at all.

In Black Ops 3 I've noticed some flickering of certain shadows during game play. It actually happens reasonably frequently. I've also noticed flickering in BF1, but it is much less common.

Should I be considering RMAing the video card? I honestly dont know much about SLI (I've heard SLI can sometimes be not so great) and I'm not sure if this is just bad SLI compatibility or what. I bought the card used, so I don't know if this is something that always happens in some games or not.

The reason I ask is that I want to sell the card. I need to know that the card is fully functioning before I proceed.

Thanks

I was considering that, but disabling one of the GPUs would give a big thermal advantage to the card, no? I guess I could try underclocking it.

You may be getting the flicker just due to an SLI problem (because SLI can be a pain in the ass) and not a heat problem.

I was considering that, but disabling one of the GPUs would give a big thermal advantage to the card, no? I guess I could try underclocking it.

Leave the second card in situ, airflow should remain the same...

You could use some compressed air to blast the dust out of your card... Download the latest drivers.

If your still seeing artifacts in game film it and do an RMA, if stocks of Titan Z are low, you might even get an upgrade.

I would RMA. I had a similar issue with a Titan XP, where shadowed areas would display pink artifacts. After replacing the card everything was working.

And as Ludovic said, you may even get a newer card if they don't have any Titan Zs left.

Back