GTX 780x3 SLI vs Titan SLI

Arkanian

[H]ard|Gawd
I am needing to upgrade my video cards and I am considering either 3 780s or 2 Titans as my budget is 2k for video cards. Currently I only game with 1 monitor but it is the HP 30" so I am running at 2560x1600. Does anyone know of any reviews that has these 2 configurations? Just wondering if I should get the Titans for the 6GB VRAM buffer. I am thinking I probably won't notice a difference with the extra 3GB but it would be nice to see a review with this. Maybe HardOCP will be coming out with one soon?

Last edited:
I'll put 2x 780s up against 2x Titans.

OC both and you won't know the difference performance wise, but you sure will financially. Not that you're worried given your initial choices.

Yes I realize 780 SLI vs Titan SLI you won't notice a difference unless you are using the extra 3GB. Not sure of any game that could use it except for maybe CAD and Photoshop work. I am interested in 3 780's vs 2 Titans because cost wise those 2 configurations are almost the same.

At that resolution, definitely go with 3x780. Just make sure you get a great CPU that you can OC to at least 4.5GHz in order to feed those babies.

Hell, get just 2x780 and see how it goes. Save some cash. You can always buy the third when you need it.

good article here, at a much higher reso as well, there really does not seem to be all that much performance difference between 780 and titan, at least not enough that OC will not "fix" and the 780s apparently OC decently enough vs most Titan which are already pushing the cooling solution and such hard to begin with(at least review I have read alluded to this)
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_780_sli_review,22.html

At that resolution, definitely go with 3x780. Just make sure you get a great CPU that you can OC to at least 4.5GHz in order to feed those babies.

Hell, get just 2x780 and see how it goes. Save some cash. You can always buy the third when you need it.

+1 totally agree...

Back