GTX 780 TI available Nov 7th for $699

the price drop on the 780 is the best part of all this...a $150 price drop from a flagship Nvidia card is unprecedented...undercuts the 290x and you get an amazing card...the GPU wars are back!

GTX780 TI - $699.99 - this shit better be a 2880 core/6GB card.

Indeed. That price is absolutely disgusting for a single GPU high-end mainstream card. Two years ago AMD's 7970 was judged the same at $549 and look how far we've since come.

Why the secrecy about the TI?

When will the NDA be lifted? Or is there some other reason we don't really know for sure what it is all about?

Why the secrecy about the TI?

When will the NDA be lifted? Or is there some other reason we don't really know for sure what it is all about?

I think Nv has to wait for BF4 290X benches before finalizing the drivers.
AMD is going to be a beast in BF4 and Nv has to beat them before and after Mantle, or this Ti card is done before it even hits the shelves.

I think Nv has to wait for BF4 290X benches before finalizing the drivers.
AMD is going to be a beast in BF4 and Nv has to beat them before and after Mantle, or this Ti card is done before it even hits the shelves.

no way Nvidia will beat them with Mantle

The price drops are tempting lol. Now gotta wait for further benchmarks for both TI and 290x and see how mantle goes on BF4.

Does anybody even care about BF4?

I think the bigger question is: who is buying a video card specifically with BF4 in mind and nothing else because the weight of AMD's R9-290/X and Mantle are less relevant if you're not planning on playing BF4 everyday until BF5 comes out.

I think the bigger question is: who is buying a video card specifically with BF4 in mind and nothing else because the weight of AMD's R9-290/X and Mantle are less relevant if you're not planning on playing BF4 everyday until BF5 comes out.

wut?:confused: ALOT of people are upgrading their gpu's just for bf4... is that a shock to you?:eek: I know a person who is buying 2x 290x's and 1 who already got his hands on one ordered just for bf4.

More like bad company 3!

In PC gaming, graphically intense games motivates GPU makers to produce faster chips. These faster chips can run graphically intense games better then older/slower chips. The consumer recognizes this. Desiring the best experience for the game they like to play and arriving at the conclusion that other games in their library will run great also, the consumer chooses to upgrade to the better GPU.

A little PC gaming 101 there. Has been going on for decades, but this is [H] so this should go unsaid.

the 780ti must be a beast of a card for nvidia to confidently price it like this. "GPU wars are back!" polonyc2, indeed! it's an exciting time to be a nerd.

also i upgraded my gpu and my monitor for BF4. i have no shame :D

wut?:confused: ALOT of people are upgrading their gpu's just for bf4... is that a shock to you?:eek: I know a person who is buying 2x 290x's and 1 who already got his hands on one ordered just for bf4.

Not a shock, but everybody and their mother upgrading for the sole reason to play BF4? Most people I see and talk to are looking to the immediate future (BF4) and far future (Watch Dogs, Titanfall, etc.). Which is why I say if you plan on playing BF4 heavily all day for a year then it makes sense to upgrade with just BF4 in mind. What may kick ass (AMD/Mantle) initially might not in the future.

In PC gaming, graphically intense games motivates GPU makers to produce faster chips. These faster chips can run graphically intense games better then older/slower chips. The consumer recognizes this. Desiring the best experience for the game they like to play and arriving at the conclusion that other games in their library will run great also, the consumer chooses to upgrade to the better GPU.

A little PC gaming 101 there. Has been going on for decades, but this is [H] so this should go unsaid.

That goes without saying. It just sounds trivial to me that anyone would make a $250-500 upgrade with just one game in mind. Then again I bought the X-Box 360 for the sole purpose of Gears of War as tens of thousands did, so what do I know.

That goes without saying. It just sounds trivial to me that anyone would make a $250-500 upgrade with just one game in mind. Then again I bought the X-Box 360 for the sole purpose of Gears of War as tens of thousands did, so what do I know.

I see no problem buying the new 780 Ti just because I can afford and want one in my case. I feel orgasm just looking at it running.

Weren't the specs on the 780ti already leaked? I'm pretty sure it's coming in with 2496 cores and the same amount of SMX as the titan. If this is the case (even if it isn't) I'm selling my 690 and getting a good used deal on 2 780s. And when maxwell comes that's when I really plan to upgrade

Weren't the specs on the 780ti already leaked? I'm pretty sure it's coming in with 2496 cores and the same amount of SMX as the titan. If this is the case (even if it isn't) I'm selling my 690 and getting a good used deal on 2 780s. And when maxwell comes that's when I really plan to upgrade

Even if the 780ti is a slightly higher clocked titan, no one is going to buy one for 699 over a classy or lightning 780 except for compute/F@H. I, like pretty much everyone else, can only assume this is a fully unlocked chip otherwise the price makes no sense.

It's an EA war game made in Sweden.

Do the Swedes even know what a gun looks like?

Frankly I think the whole war FPS genre shtick has been played out and beaten to death ten-times over. It's like watching the 35th remake of the Superman movies or something. Gets kinda redundant after awhile.

I dunno... I think this thing is over-hyped and probably won't sell as well as the hype should indicate. The day I drop $500+ on new computing gear just to play a game from EA (of all publishers) is the day I hope to realize that it's finally time to drink that gallon of bleach that I keep on stand-by.

Frankly I think the whole war FPS genre shtick has been played out and beaten to death ten-times over. It's like watching the 35th remake of the Superman movies or something. Gets kinda redundant after awhile.

I dunno... I think this thing is over-hyped and probably won't sell as well as the hype should indicate. The day I drop $500+ on new computing gear just to play a game from EA (of all publishers) is the day I hope to realize that it's finally time to drink that gallon of bleach that I keep on stand-by.

You know what they say about opinions...
BF3 was a huge success (even it wasn't 1 of the most fun to come out in years) just look at the preorder units sold then how many in 1 month. Swedes know their shit.
Not a fan of the genre..but hey if people play 8 hours a day for months with this 1 game exclusively who is to say they didn't get their money's worth of entertainment vs a 20 game rotation in the same time frame.

I see the Titan getting EOL real soon..(my friend just bought one 2 months ago)

Wonder if you can SLI a 780ti with a Titan.

Last edited:

I'm not sure how DICE being a Swedish developer factors into this.

yes they know what a gun looks like
they even have mandatory military service
so every one there even know more about the military then most people in the US

I hope this will come with 6GB, at least its not priced at $1K, because if AMD never released the R9 290x or it underperformed this thing will cost $1K again.

What kind of rez would you have to push to utilize anything close to 6GB vram? Multiple 4k monitors perhaps?

Then don't play them. I truly don't believe Battlefield 4 will sell nearly as well as COD: Ghosts. But that is A Ok with me. Different games with different playstyles.
Some people dropped well over 1,2,3 thousand + hours into Bf3. Some call them losers, I prefer to call them enthusiasts. If it's your favorite game and you want to make sure it runs perfect, then why not?
Expand your horizons a little, stop hating on what others do with their time and money.
Oh by the way, Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment made Battlefield 4. Electronic Arts publishes it, the difference is rather large.
As for the 780Ti, I'm glad it's coming out, it and AMD makes sure the vanilla 780 is within my reach, sadly must be out of yours. :)

The day I drop $500+ on new computing gear just to play a game from EA (of all publishers) is the day I hope to realize that it's finally time to drink that gallon of bleach that I keep on stand-by.

On stand-by?

You poor soul.

Drink up.

I was going to upgrade my 460 Sli's but averaging 40-60 fps, I think I'll wait. All High settings.

What kind of rez would you have to push to utilize anything close to 6GB vram? Multiple 4k monitors perhaps?

6gb is extreme overkill imo. Unless you were running three 4k monitors (and by then you would bottlenecked by everything anyways).

LOL...Watch and see how many are available on the 7th.
oops..sold out ..for about 3 months probably LOL

6gb is extreme overkill imo. Unless you were running three 4k monitors (and by then you would bottlenecked by everything anyways).

you guys DO know more vram gets used for more then just the frame buffer RIGHT:confused:

Back