GTX 780 issue

Not sure if this is drivers or something wrong with my video card. Could be thats its supposed to be this way and I'm just OCD. Getting really bright sun rays in bf4 and in borderlands 2 any guns that are corrosive or anything that have the green glow have it excessively so its kind of blinding. I may just need to tweak my monitor or something to, but I've heard of this being caused by bad video cards. Nothing else wrong with the card at all. No artifacts no crashing.
2ltor54.jpg

eg3knb.jpg

Also this was done with no overclock done to the card. Maximum in game settings at 1080p. FOV 100.

BL2 just has an excessive amount of in-your-face blinding complete whiteout crap, unless you strafe a lot to minimize it. I don't remember the original BL being like that. They've taken bloom way too far.

Ya I think I got it. Nvidia card needed a lot less red and green and blue was about the same. Also a bit more saturation on the nvidia card. Anybody notice how bright the cars rear lights are tho. Stupid in middle of the day they look like they should look at night. FXAA was actually blurring everything so bad it even seamed to take some of the vibrance away. Turned it off now my gun doesnt look like a discusting blurry mess anymore. Anyone who uses FXAA in this game is crazy.

Last edited:
There is only one rule. Never use FXAA. TXAA by nVidia is a decent substitute and works very well in one game thus far (my opinion) Batman Arkham Origins.

Need to test it out on Ass Creed 4 once its out. Also yes, moving from AMD to nVidia, you do have to lower contrast and brightness on monitors. Had that happen to me multiple times. Also I don't use vibrance. It makes my eyes bleed.

There is only one rule. Never use FXAA. TXAA by nVidia is a decent substitute and works very well in one game thus far (my opinion) Batman Arkham Origins.

Need to test it out on Ass Creed 4 once its out. Also yes, moving from AMD to nVidia, you do have to lower contrast and brightness on monitors. Had that happen to me multiple times. Also I don't use vibrance. It makes my eyes bleed.

I had to use a bit of vibrance (55%) with my benq xl2420t but there is no need with my asus as it has a saturation setting in the monitor. I didnt have to adjust brightness or contrast I just adjusted color. Maybe brightness and contrast would have done the same.

I had to use a bit of vibrance (55%) with my benq xl2420t but there is no need with my asus as it has a saturation setting in the monitor. I didnt have to adjust brightness or contrast I just adjusted color. Maybe brightness and contrast would have done the same.
Never used BenQ so might be vendor specific.

Back