GTX 780 decision: Gigabyte Windforce vs. EVGA ATX Cooler

BlackBriar

n00b
Hi there,

My local Microcenter has a couple of the Windforce cards in stock, though I had previously had my eye on the EVGA ATX Cooler. The benchmarks seem to be about even, though the EVGA is clocked a bit higher.

Any thoughts? Is one brand more reliable / more highly regarded than the other?

Grateful for your thoughts.

Andrew

I'd go EVGA. They have better customer support and warranty service.

I have the EVGA ACX cooler and I'm glad I went with it, it's very quiet and keeps the card quite cool (70C overclocked on multiple Heaven runs), though the Windforce wasn't available when I purchased mine. It's probably a wash as far as performance goes, and I've never had trouble with either Gigabyte or EVGA products, so I have no personal experience with their customer support, though I hear both are very good.

Given all that, I'd probably buy whichever one is cheaper or the one you like the look of better.

FWIW I have a windforce OC 670. It's been keeping the card really cool and has pretty low noise levels. I'm very happy with it.

Currently have my EVGA 780 ACX SC clocked at 1215/1584 @ 1.212 volts, does not go above 64c. I actually have it ramped up to 100% fan speed at that temp and its barely louder than my case fans. Surprisingly gives my Accelero 7970 a run for its money, and that has a substantially longer heat-sink and even an extra fan.

I have the GBT Windforce 680 and ECGA 780 SC ACX and both are great. You can't go wrong with either in a 780, in my opinion. The EVGA's stock clock is slightly higher but that probably doesn't mean much if you plan to overclock anyway.

Based on reviews i've seen you really can't go wrong with either one. I've used the WF3 before with the 600 series, and it's a great cooler.

Currently have my EVGA 780 ACX SC clocked at 1215/1584 @ 1.212 volts, does not go above 64c. I actually have it ramped up to 100% fan speed at that temp and its barely louder than my case fans. Surprisingly gives my Accelero 7970 a run for its money, and that has a substantially longer heat-sink and even an extra fan.

What did you use to test stability at that speed?

Back