GTX 750 Ti FTW, NO SLI :(

burned-ati

Limp Gawd
As the title says! These new Maxwell GPU's look impressive! Well, for how little power they use that is! I'm looking to build another system, but a small, yet power efficient system, With SLI and these cards are not SLI capable? That would be such a sweet setup.

It seems like everyone would want a pair if these! and a i5

Two GTX 750 Ti's overclocks to 1400Mhz each. For mild to heavy gaming.

Is there a GTX 750 Ti that can do SLI? When will one be available?

I know heard these Maxwell cards already support DX12 to?

If Maxwell is that more efficient, and 35% faster per cuda core, than Kepler! Then it has me thinking and wondering what the SLI scaling would be like. I imagine really damn good!

it seems nvidia decided to test maxwell on their low to medium level cards before giving them a run at top tier. wait for the gtx 800 series you might see some beastly little cards....................just speculation though

it seems nvidia decided to test maxwell on their low to medium level cards before giving them a run at top tier. wait for the gtx 800 series you might see some beastly little cards....................just speculation though

I sent you a PM

The 750ti was released when both NVIDIA and AMD planned to release 20nm GPUs this years, now that both of them have delayed 20nm GPUs I expect everyone plans have changed.

what got me the most is that they left a large gap between the 750ti and the 760 and it reflects through to the price of them. the card im looking for is right between them.

what got me the most is that they left a large gap between the 750ti and the 760 and it reflects through to the price of them. the card im looking for is right between them.

not so much in fact. at stock clocks of course. but man, those 750TI some good models like the EVGA FTW edition reach 1400+mhz boost clock out of the box without touch anything and the performance for that little card its just great..

not so much in fact. at stock clocks of course. but man, those 750TI some good models like the EVGA FTW edition reach 1400+mhz boost clock out of the box without touch anything and the performance for that little card its just great..
A stock 760 is over 50% faster than a stock 750 ti so that is a huge gap. OC both a typical 750 ti and 760 and there would still be about a 40% gap.

There is the 660 though which is nearly halfway in between 750 ti and 760 so its not like there are no options for him.

How many fps can a ftw at 1.4ghz pull? Comparable to 760?
Well like I just said the 760 is about 55% faster so no a 750 ti at 1400 would not match a 760 even with perfect scaling. A reference 750 ti already goes to around 1150 actual boost so of course a 20% oc will not match a card that is over 50% faster. And I really doubt every 750 ti can even do 1400.

Ek just came out with a water block for the 750

Is it voltage locked? If not we can push it quite a fair bit more

Why spend money watercooling a lower end 750 ti for a slightly better oc when you can just buy faster card? And yes the 750 ti is voltage locked.

Was thinking of using it as a dedicated physx card along with my 780ti in a custom loop

As the title says! These new Maxwell GPU's look impressive! Well, for how little power they use that is! I'm looking to build another system, but a small, yet power efficient system, With SLI and these cards are not SLI capable? That would be such a sweet setup.

It seems like everyone would want a pair if these! and a i5

Two GTX 750 Ti's overclocks to 1400Mhz each. For mild to heavy gaming.

Is there a GTX 750 Ti that can do SLI? When will one be available?

I know heard these Maxwell cards already support DX12 to?

SLI support costs money. This move adds to their bottom line while removing value from the product. I guess they think people will be fine eith that.

As far as DX12 support, it's DX12 feature level 11_0. Which means it's DX12 that supports this card rather than the other way around.

When Nvidia released the 650Ti it didn't have SLI support. Later on when the 650Ti Boost cards came out, they offered it. I figure we'll see something similar later on, such as 750Ti Boost card, that supports SLI.

750ti in SLI would have cut into 760 and 770 sales as it would have crushed the 760 for only $50 more (and used less power) and would be close to the 770 for $100 less (and use MUCH less power). I can see the 750/750ti becoming add-on PhysX cards especially when they start appearing in the second hand market. $70-$80 for a second hand 750 would be tempting to fill in that extra empty PCIe slot alongside your 7XX gpu.

A stock 760 is over 50% faster than a stock 750 ti so that is a huge gap. OC both a typical 750 ti and 760 and there would still be about a 40% gap.

There is the 660 though which is nearly halfway in between 750 ti and 760 so its not like there are no options for him.

My GTX 660 out does a Reference GTX 760, and even the SC GTX 760. By quite a bit!

it uses a custom bios, but. It eats it up.

When Nvidia released the 650Ti it didn't have SLI support. Later on when the 650Ti Boost cards came out, they offered it. I figure we'll see something similar later on, such as 750Ti Boost card, that supports SLI.

I hope they release the GTX 750Ti Boost cards soon.

My GTX 660 out does a Reference GTX 760, and even the SC GTX 760. By quite a bit!

A 660 would have to be oced by 35% and have perfect scaling just to match the SC 760. In other words it would have to be oced well past 1500 just to realistically match the 760.

750ti in SLI would have cut into 760 and 770 sales as it would have crushed the 760 for only $50 more (and used less power) and would be close to the 770 for $100 less (and use MUCH less power). I can see the 750/750ti becoming add-on PhysX cards especially when they start appearing in the second hand market. $70-$80 for a second hand 750 would be tempting to fill in that extra empty PCIe slot alongside your 7XX gpu.

heres a question (theres a thread out there somewhere on it) is physx even relevant anymore. do newer games still offer the physx option?

A 660 would have to be oced by 35% and have perfect scaling just to match the SC 760. In other words it would have to be oced well past 1500 just to realistically match the 760.
The gap doesn't look that large honestly. More like 20 to 25% http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-660

Biggest difference between the two? GTX 660 has 5 SMX units enabled, while the GTX 760 has 6 SMX units enabled. Sounds like a gap that could be covered with a good OC on a GTX 660.

The gap doesn't look that large honestly. More like 20 to 25% http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-660

Biggest difference between the two? GTX 660 has 5 SMX units enabled, while the GTX 760 has 6 SMX units enabled. Sounds like a gap that could be covered with a good OC on a GTX 660.
The 760 also has more ROPs and 256 bit bus.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_760_SC_ACX_Cooler/27.html

The 760 SC is 33% faster than the 660. So again it would take perfect scaling 33% oc just to match a stock 760 SC. And there is no way it will scale perfectly. So to claim a 660 can be oced to easily beat an 760 SC is impossible.

heres a question (theres a thread out there somewhere on it) is physx even relevant anymore. do newer games still offer the physx option?
There were a few big ones last year and some coming up in the next 12 months. Depends if you play these titles or not. It would have to be a cheap card but sub-$100 is not a lot if you like the games that make use of PhysX.

The 760 also has more ROPs and 256 bit bus.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_760_SC_ACX_Cooler/27.html

The 760 SC is 33% faster than the 660. So again it would take perfect scaling 33% oc just to match a stock 760 SC. And there is no way it will scale perfectly. So to claim a 660 can be oced to easily beat an 760 SC is impossible.

how about a gtx 660 oem which has the same chip on deck i believe its the GK104. check out the op's thread from the past on his gtx 660 oem the last comment shows the gpu-z screenshot

Which apparently doesn't matter much, since (if you actually looked at the link I posted), the gaming performance numbers on the GTX 660 were only around 20 to 25% behind the GTX 760.

That is not an insurmountable gap if you get a decent overclocking GTX 660.

The 760 SC is 33% faster than the 660.
Ok... but I never said anything about SC? The link I posted was reference vs. reference.

And the difference from the link I posted was only 20 to 25%.

to claim a 660 can be oced to easily beat an 760 SC is impossible.
Again, I never said anything about an SC... that was you and burned-ati.

Which apparently doesn't matter much, since (if you actually looked at the link I posted), the gaming performance numbers on the GTX 660 were only around 20 to 25% behind the GTX 760.

That is not an insurmountable gap if you get a decent overclocking GTX 660.

Ok... but I never said anything about SC? The link I posted was reference vs. reference.

And the difference from the link I posted was only 20 to 25%.

Again, I never said anything about an SC... that was you and burned-ati.
How much more simple can it it be? He said he had a 660 that out does even the 760 SC by quite a bit. As you can clearly see, a 760 SC is 33% faster than the 660. Again it would take an impossible 33% oc with PERFECT scaling just to match the 760 SC. Now what magical world does a 660 clock that high and have perfect scaling? And that would be just to match it never mind out do it by quite a bit.

How much more simple can it it be? He said he had a 660 that out does even the 760 SC by quite a bit. As you can clearly see, a 760 SC is 33% faster than the 660. Again it would take an impossible 33% oc with PERFECT scaling just to match the 760 SC. Now what magical world does a 660 clock that high and have perfect scaling? And that would be just to match it never mind out do it by quite a bit.

burned-ati has a gtx 660 oem. go to my last post on this thread and you will find a link to a thread where he discusses what oc he put on the card.

burned-ati has a gtx 660 oem. go to my last post and you will find a link to a thread where he discusses what oc he put on the card.
Yes I see that. The point was neither Unknown-One or myself knew that at the time so what he was saying made no sense.

And still even with his oem 660 there is no way its faster than the 760 SC. He is at 1280 which is not much higher than the out of the box actual boost on 760 SC. Plus the 760 SC has 33% more ROPs and 256 bit bus.

How much more simple can it it be? He said he had a 660 that out does even the 760 SC by quite a bit.
Exactly! How much more simple can it be? HE said that, not me. Like I told you, I was only pointing out reference vs. reference.

Quote him if you want to respond to him :rolleyes:

Yes I see that. The point was neither Unknown-One or myself knew that at the time so what he was saying made no sense.

And still even with his oem 660 there is no way its faster than the 760 SC. He is at 1280 which is not much higher than the out of the box actual boost on 760 SC. Plus the 760 SC has 33% more ROPs and 256 bit bus.

i did the math earlier today brought up the 760 here(scroll all the way down for the numbers) than brought up his gpu-z screenshot and compared the numbers (had to convert the mb/s to gb/s) and it came close the reference 760 but not quite. i'm sure the it has no chance vs. the 760sc
but lets extend a hand to the op (burned-ati) its seems like a pretty nice oc job

Last edited:
Exactly! How much more simple can it be? HE said that, not me. Like I told you, I was only pointing out reference vs. reference.

Quote him if you want to respond to him :rolleyes:

What the hell are you rolling your eyes about? Go back and look at the sequences of posts as YOU quoted ME when I was directly replying to him and his mention of the 760 SC. I dont give a damn if you did not mention the SC as I never said you did. I was talking about the SC BECAUSE he said he easily beat it. :rolleyes:

What the hell are you rolling your eyes about? Go back and look at the sequences of posts as YOU quoted ME when I was directly replying to him and his mention of the 760 SC.
I did look at the post sequence, I don't see what you're so confused about.

burned-ati talked about BOTH reference and SC. You responded to his post about BOTH reference and SC. I responded to your post about ONLY the reference-model component of the preceding discussion, and left the topic of SiperClocked editions to you two.

You then started quoting me and posting SC-related numbers in responses to said quotes, when they had no bearing on what I was saying (as I had not made any mention of the SC edition)...

I was talking about the SC BECAUSE he said he easily beat it. :rolleyes:
Yes, HE said, it. So, again, quote the guy you're actually talking to (burned-ati). :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I did look at the post sequence, I don't see what you're so confused about.

burned-ati talked about BOTH reference and SC. You responded to his post about BOTH reference and SC. I responded to your post about ONLY the reference-model component of the preceding discussion, and left the topic of SiperClocked editions to you two.

You then started quoting me and posting SC-related numbers in responses to said quotes, when they had no bearing on what I was saying...

Yes, HE said, it. So, again, quote the guy you're actually talking to (burned-ati). :rolleyes:
Lol are you joking? AGAIN YOU quoted ME when I was replying to him and his mention of beating the 760 SC. You chose to later say you were only referring to the stock 760. I dont care as I am referring to EVERYTHING he said which includes his 760 SC reference.

Lol are you joking? AGAIN YOU quoted ME when I was replying to him and his mention of beating the 760 SC.
Correction: you were responding to both of his claims, about both reference and SC.
Yes, and your point is?

My response to you did not relate to your discussion with him about the SC edition, only your discussion with him about the reference model. What about this confuses you?

Quoting me and pointing to numbers generated by the SC edition makes no sense, as I was very clearly never speaking with either of you about the SC edition.

Yes, and your point is?

My response to you did not relate to your discussion with him about the SC edition, only your discussion with him about the reference model. What about this confuses you?

Quoting me and pointing to numbers generated by the SC edition makes no sense, as I was very clearly never speaking with either of you about the SC edition.
Lets use common sense. I mentioned the SC in my reply to HIM. You quote me and say the gap does not look that large. You then later say you are only referring to the reference 760. Well good for you but again I dont care as I was talking about the SC too since that was IN HIS COMMENT that I quoted when you quoted me.

Lets use common sense. I mentioned the SC and reference in my reply to him.
Sure, lets. But lets also make sure we don't omit information. Red-text added by me.

You quote me and say the gap does not look that large between a reference-model GTX 660 and a reference model GTX 760.
Red-text added by me, again.

If you had actually clicked the link I posted, you would have seen that what I said was accurate. The gap DOESN'T look that large between the GTX 660 and the GTX 760 (again, in no instance did I say the SC edition of either card).

You then later say you are only referring to the reference 760.
Because I WAS only referring to the reference 760. I never said "SC" and my link contained only reference cards. I was responding ONLY about the reference model comparison of your discussion with burned-ati.

Well good for you but again I dont care as I was talking about the SC
Both you and burned-ati were talking about both reference and SC. I was responding only to the portion of your post about the reference model.

Seriously, it's right here, plain as day:
You said you'd need to OC the GTX 660 well past 1500 core just to match a 760 (no mention of SC there).

I was clearly responding to that, as I made no mention of the SC edition whatsoever. I simply disagreed that such a large OC would be required to make up for a difference in frame-rate of only 20 to 25% between a GTX 660 reference and a GTX 760 reference.

too since that was IN HIS COMMENT that I quoted when you quoted me.
And both your comment and his comment were talking about both reference and SC editions.

I responded only about the reference edition, and left it to you two to hash out anything related to the SC edition.

Last edited:
Lol just forget it. In your mind you knew what you were thinking and saying. To me you simply quoted me while I was replying to him and did not make yourself clear until later. Then you tell me to only reply to him which is all I would have done had you not quoted me and/or made yourself clear when you did. Lets move on...

Back on topic: I'm honestly surprised nobody has managed to develop a driver hack to allow running two GTX 750 Ti's in SLI.

SLI doesn't strictly require a bridge connector anymore, that's not what's preventing it from working...

Lol just forget it. In your mind you knew what you were thinking and saying.
Yes, I was thinking and saying reference vs. reference.

Not my fault you didn't read my post or click the link...

NOT saying "SC" AT ALL in my post, and linking to an article that compared ONLY reference vs. reference benchmarks should have been pretty clear...

Back