GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Probably bought by those scumbag resellers like 2hothardware....who sell the cards for a 100$+ markup.

A $100+ markup on Amazon nets the seller around $50 if they're buying at retail costs. People should complain to Amazon to stop charging marketplace sellers an 8% commission if they want to see less price gouging.

Both the Asus that show on NE let me add them to cart right now. Went through most of the purchasing process without an issue.

Nice! Keep us up to date on what kind of OC's you get :)

Man i wish I would have bought both of these. I already have a reference Asus 680 with a water block on its way. I just went through the purchasing process up until the end because people were saying they had issues earlier. I would have liked to grab a second reference card for SLI but i think i might wait to get a 690 when stock isn't so crazy.

I was looking at my invoices for amazon, I clicked on my last order for the gtx 680 SC, clicked on the product link and there was 2 selling from amazon, I managed to snag one! :D

Just picked up two GeForce GTX 680 SC Signature+ w/Backplate. Now off to sell my two HD 7970's for cheap! :D

Looks like it is finally sold down under 20 left. 18 right now so will be gone in a couple hours.

Stupid question, how do you tell how many of an item newegg has in stock, I don't see that information in the listing.. I figured out the 'add 999 to quantity' but that only adds the per customer limit (10 in the case of the Asus DC2 670). There wouldn't be another way would there?

Last edited:
Stupid question, how do you tell how many of an item newegg has in stock, I don't see that information in the listing..

Add a bunch to your cart and if there is not a limit to how many you can buy, it will reduce it to the max amount in inventory at that moment. It doesn't hurt anything as it doesn't reserve it or anything.

I went by two BB stores recently and their video card selection is now terrible. They used to carry some nice ones but not any more. The best one they had at each store in the now tiny video card section was an overpriced GTX 560.

So I ordered my replacement Asus GTX 680 from newegg from this last batch, looked at tracking and saw that it was supposed to arrive Tuesday because of the holliday. I get a text from the wife yesterday that I got a package from newegg.

I was so excited, thinking yes!! things are finally turning around for me on this whole GTX 680 Fiasco. I get home and open the box and behold....!!!

A Asus Direct Cu 2 GTX 670

In it's own regard a excellent card, however it cannot be SLi'd with my current GTX 680 and I paid for a GTX 680. :confused: :(

Damn newegg, now I can't do anything until tuesday. I'm still waiting for my refund from my last rma return.

Mistakes happen, we're all human but this sucks

On the bright side, anyone who recently ordered an Asus GTX 670 Direct Cu2 may get a GTX 680 in the box instead :)

So I ordered my replacement Asus GTX 680 from newegg from this last batch, looked at tracking and saw that it was supposed to arrive Tuesday because of the holliday. I get a text from the wife yesterday that I got a package from newegg.

I was so excited, thinking yes!! things are finally turning around for me on this whole GTX 680 Fiasco. I get home and open the box and behold....!!!

A Asus Direct Cu 2 GTX 670

They did the exact same thing to me, I ordered two of the ASUS GTX 680's from Newegg the same day you did and when I opened the package last night they were both ASUS GTX 670 DCII cards. Not even TOP versions either! lol

They did the exact same thing to me, I ordered two of the ASUS GTX 680's from Newegg the same day you did and when I opened the package last night they were both ASUS GTX 670 DCII cards. Not even TOP versions either! lol

WOW!! so they probably fubared an entire shipment and sent them out as GTX 680s. What maybe 30 cards over 25 buyers. LOL. Anyway I requested an RMA and it was approved. Now I need to speak to a manager because I need something done about this like yesterday. Sorry about your order being fucked up too. Jeez newegg, you gotta get people who can read better in that warehouse. :confused:

I bet you guys were like, "WHAT THE ...???" ;)

Bro I was pissed, I still haven't gotten my refund because newegg takes like 3 business days to process a refund, I ended up overdrafting my checking account ordering this card because I couldn't wait for the refund and the cards are so hard to get. (not newegg's fault)

So far 1. DOA card bought from them, 2. RMA for refund was approved, still waiting on refund. 3. Purchased replacement card got to me just before a extended Holiday weekend and I got the wrong product shipped. 4. Now I found out this is a widespread issue. 5. Can't get anything to happen until Tuesday the earliest. /end microrant

Back