GTX 680 In Stock Thread

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is attempting to buy from CompUSA/Tigerdirect/Circuit City is still bad?

Yes. In the last 81 pages I've read countless testimonials about how TD advertises availability fully knowing they are out of stock. Prepare to have $500 of your credit card needlessly tied up with them if you want to try to order.

Yes. In the last 81 pages I've read countless testimonials about how TD advertises availability fully knowing they are out of stock. Prepare to have $500 of your credit card needlessly tied up with them if you want to try to order.

Is it any wonder why these companies went out of (retail) business?

Is it any wonder why these companies went out of (retail) business?
Comp USA and Circuit City had nothing to do with TigerDirect.com when they had retail stores. TigerDirect bought the names after they went out of business.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_361478182_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000778981&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=top-1&pf_rd_r=BB6F51CE4A9D4E0C8EE6&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1359461442&pf_rd_i=gtx%20680

EVGA SC Signature is up for pre-order $529 Amazon direct. The one with an extra VRM and the high-flow bracket, but not the back-plate. I'm in the queue. Might as well mention the SC +Sig (w/back-plate) is there too for $539 pre-order. Wow, 8 regular superclocks in stock too but $10 gouge @ $529, Amazon direct.

Yeah, all gone now.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i must be one of the lucky few that ordered from TD without hassles so far. mine is already shipped and on its way, will be here tuesday.

Just a heads up. Bestbuy has the galaxy 680gtx for 500 but you have to pay tax though which can be a deal breaker.

Any idea when the 4gb versions are gonna release? I got a triple 120hz monitor setup itching for more Vram and more Cowbell.

Tiger Direct and their price gouging. I'll keep this in mind the next time I need to purchase something that is less readily available.

Holding out until I find one for $500 shipped.

No real need for a fancy OC version. The MSI Twin Frozr card looks sexy as hell. Wish that MSRP wasn't so crazy. Am I really going to get $40 worth of performance out of it? No.

So temped to get a 7970 for $450. Only thing keeping my back is my 120hz Nvision 2 display. I MIGHT feel like using it's 3D capabilities some day...

msi frozers is well worth 40bux over a standard version. its quieter and cooler hence more oc.

eVGA boards were briefly available early this morning. Attempting to buy it of course failed. Probably a ghost in the system.

Damn it, I need to sell my 580s so I can buy myself these bad boys.

Does the hydrocopper edition ever come in stock?

Grats! I'm waffling, and now they're gone. I have an MSI GTX 680 so I'm fine but I am looking for an OC'd one and then I'll sell the first one.

Hmm, do you guys think the backplate and overclock is worth $50?

Not really - the backplate doesn't add anything of significance, and most cards boost that high stock anyway, and they all seem to overclock about the same.

PNY is really trying to capitalize on the shortage of GTX 680's with their pricing. $549.99 after rebate for a reference card from not even close to the best nVidia manufacturer is kinda ridiculous.

PNY is really trying to capitalize on the shortage of GTX 680's with their pricing. $549.99 after rebate for a reference card from not even close to the best nVidia manufacturer is kinda ridiculous.

PNY is trying to justify their pricing because they include a HDMI cable in the box. :rolleyes: I guess they' never heard of Monoprice.

Back