GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Looks like Nvidia dumped their limited supplies of the 680 to stop the bleeding against the 7970 cards. But now no one can get them or pay hefty premiums.

Not really true. Demand is just higher than supply right now. You can get them by watching newegg for restocks.

Its a supposed bug in the driver, they could be doing it to boost numbers or it could be a legi bug. It does happen though, happened to me.

I went from a GTX 460 SLI setup to ATI then to GTX 680. The ATI was definitely blurry for me. No doubt.

If you don't crank settings and don't use AA you should get away with it. However it might be choppy from time to time. AMD cards LOVE memory and for Eyefinity even more so.

yea, had to do somewhat low settings using a single 5870E6 and later a 6950s xfired (fps will still drop once in a while). but i hope i get better performance out of the 680 compared to my old cards.

I definitely noticed the blur going from my 6950s to my 7970. Doesn't matter now. My 680 is coming in tomorrow.

tiger direct has the PNY, EVGA SC+ and SC in stock for about 20 minutes now, my order's pending processsing by their credit dept.

i bit the bullet on the SC+, i've been prepping for my first rig build and i got sick of waiting for newegg restocks that i can't keep track of at work.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=gtx+680

i'll let you know if it ended up shipping out on time, TD put the estimated delivery date for thursday for my order(i used 2 day) but i'm actually getting one that's in-stock i assume it will be delivered to my office on friday.

Now call TigerDirect and give the rep the item number of the GTX 680 you ordered and ask him if it's actually in stock, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.

Now call TigerDirect and give the rep the item number of the GTX 680 you ordered and ask him if it's actually in stock, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.
tried calling, was told theyre experiencing very high call volume and wait times and was told to call in an hour

*sighs*
thanks for the heads up, i think you're going to be right.
figured as much and that it would be too good to be true...and yet the pricks charge me instantly

I love when sites temporarily raise prices and act like they are giving you a deal by "marking it down" while still ripping you off.

i got off the phone with the rep and i was doing the live chat with one online at the same time, both said the same thing that it "should" be available on the 27th and THEN that's when my order will get processed.

this is what i get for thinking throwing a lil extra cash at an issue would solve the problem. :(

tiger direct has the PNY, EVGA SC+ and SC in stock for about 20 minutes now, my order's pending processsing by their credit dept.

i bit the bullet on the SC+, i've been prepping for my first rig build and i got sick of waiting for newegg restocks that i can't keep track of at work.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=gtx+680

i'll let you know if it ended up shipping out on time, TD put the estimated delivery date for thursday for my order(i used 2 day) but i'm actually getting one that's in-stock i assume it will be delivered to my office on friday.

Dude, have you not been watching this thread? IT'S A TRAP. They don't have any in stock - THEY NEVER HAVE ANY IN STOCK. DO NOT ORDER FROM TIGERDIRECT. How much clearer can we make it?

Dude, have you not been watching this thread? IT'S A TRAP. They don't have any in stock - THEY NEVER HAVE ANY IN STOCK. DO NOT ORDER FROM TIGERDIRECT. How much clearer can we make it?
fool's hope, pretty much.

after the small influx today on newegg and amazon in the early AM EST and late afternoon, i figured it'd be semi-reasonable that TD would actually get some in.

Just one example:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/image-quality-driver-optimization-graphics,3173.html

BF3 was definitely not as clear as my new GTX 680. Could be just me. Thanks for writing.

I am looking at the image, and to be honest, all their Image are blurry ass fuck....
It feels like they purposely enlarge the without seeing the actual picture.

Another thing is, all of them somehow have different lightening, and some of them GTX 580 is missing the shadow.

Somehow Toms is the only one is talking about this, which is not surprising since they are heavily biased since day 1 with canned reviews.

Another thing I notice is that someone did mention the fixed to it doesn't even bring the performance down, which is even more surprising that it's a bug rather than some type of optimization.

Something interested me is that I been swapping around 6970/7970/480/680 a week ago for testing, and I have NOT seen any of this problem across any of them beside some AO differences between N and A, which is something far more noticeable than this shitty article is trying to propose.

If you are still looking for a card you should be doing two things.

1. Sign up for the EVGA notify me on the product page for the 680's. I could have ordered a dozen by now because of that alone.

2. Use StatusEgg - can be found here http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?&m=1546222&mpage=1

statusegg_example.png

Double up with those and you should have one in 24 hours...

Not my app but since it helped me land 2 cards I figure I should pimp it a little.

That StatusEgg app is pretty cool, but I have a feeling that the more people who use it, the harder it will be for all of us to get a 680. :(

Had to call the TD order verification department. They told me they'll
get approximately 500+ evga 680s this Friday.

We shall see.... if not I'll just cancel my order.

I hope that means that other retailers will get a bunch too.

oh awesome, when i spoke with the online chat guy last night around 12:30am EST, he said that there was 10 pending orders and they're expecting "a lot" in on friday. so fingers crossed, we should be good.

@icecpu, i could easily be wrong but when i was perusing the EVGA site last night to look at the differences in models, the SC signature+ is an slightly OC'ed(i think the core is at like 1084mhz) reference design with the EVGA backplate. that galaxy looks like one of the very first non-reference designs.

Gigabyte in stock... but not really.... Gotta love Newegg's crappy inventory system. I guess it's better than TD's.

hahah i refreshed on newegg and it had the gigabyte available until you tried to add to cart, CURSE YOU FOR TEASING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is this considered a paper launch when you have such limited and scattershot inventory is this just the way it is with GPUs (at least) all the time as par for the course?

damn 590 shipped for me in CA for the evga one ugh, i passed, whoever wants congrats, i took it out of my cart haha

Never came up for me... said it was in stock but after I clicked Buy it wasn't .... they must have had 1 haha

Back