GTX 680 In Stock Thread

TigerDirect is one of my most trusted stores, they're great.

EVGA at NewEgg right now.. my SC+ is still Packaging from yesterday, hope it goes through.

EVGA at NewEgg right now.. my SC+ is still Packaging from yesterday, hope it goes through.

Ok I guess i give Tigerdirect a try..but i see it went up $20. It was $509 before

It's 7:19am PDT, so if Newegg's going to start killing orders again it'll likely be starting shortly; my previous one was killed right at 8am PDT yesterday, so if the current one survives past lunch I'll probably consider that a good omen.

LOL tigerdirect just changed price again from $529 to $509

They make me very wary

If it helps TG has it here:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2295396

Also this is what many of us did. For several days we noticed NE gets cards around 6:30 PM to 6:35 PM (ET). So I followed that pattern yesterday and sure enough I got my card. Cards were available for at least 20 minutes.

Here is the pattern we found the cards were available. Thanks to Celeras

6:37 PM EST on March 23rd
6:35 PM EST on March 30th
6:35 PM EST on April 2nd
6:35 PM EST on April 3rd.

Last edited:
Yea, I ordered one from TD

Firs time ordering from TD... They already charged my debit card so hope everything goes smooth...

Hmm my 680 SC is still under Packaging status since minutes after my CC was charged yesterday.

I spoke with someone at Newegg and she said mine is expected to ship today! She also said mine was in the queue range of "being spoken for".

Mine also still says Packaging, I ordered literally when the SC+ showed up in stock.

Last edited:
Lots of cards at packaging from Newegg last night... we'll be finding out soon whos actually got packed and who newegg will send packing...

NE has had cards pop up about 4:30 EDT PM the last few days too.

Usually when something is in stock at Newegg the process from verification to packaging then getting the product out the door is 2 or 3 hours tops. Why is there such a huge delay on these orders? I think Newegg is selling these 680s without actually having them on hand.

BTW my order got cancelled. Thanks Newegg! You're the best! :rolleyes:

Usually when something is in stock at Newegg the process from verification to packaging then getting the product out the door is 2 or 3 hours tops. Why is there such a huge delay on these orders? I think Newegg is selling these 680s without actually having them on hand.

Not necessarily true. I've had to wait sometimes a day before it ships out. They don't promise same day shipping on anything.

Not necessarily true. I've had to wait sometimes a day before it ships out. They don't promise same day shipping on anything.

True but it's been my personal experience that when I order just one item the process cruises right along. Now if I'm ordering multiple items it does sometimes take a day to ship.

Why is there such a huge delay on these orders?

Theres a scorned, divorced woman working at newegg sending these notifications out... she knows all these guys are excitedly awaiting the arrival of these GTX 680s and she's going to put us through hell for 2 days...

I'm actually surprised my order is still under "Packaging" since yesterday. That's not the NE I used to know.

ok was literally about to order the card from Tigerdirect and when I went to hit next it changed price back up to $529 from 509

What the???

No email yet... still at packaging... still waiting for my refund from the first voided order...

My order from Amazon was delivered at home an hour and a half ago. 5 o'clock can't come soon enough.

I honestly think they're the way to go. Imo newegg has been slipping a lot lately.

I ordered one of the EVGA's from Tigerdirect this morning when they were at $509. (They jumped $20 and then went out of stock within the last hour or so.) They say if you get 2nd day or overnight shipping, they'll ship same-day. We'll see.

Also still have open EVGA pre-order from Amazon from a couple days ago. Will cancel whichever doesn't ship first. Hopefully they don't go out at the same time!

My order from Amazon was delivered at home an hour and a half ago. 5 o'clock can't come soon enough.

I honestly think they're the way to go. Imo newegg has been slipping a lot lately.

My "gripe" with Newegg is that they charge sales tax in CA. I figure I can save some money if I order my stuff from Amazon from now on. Or even TigerDirect. Both places dont charge sales tax to CA. Amazon has free shipping on +$25 orders. If I still had Prime, $4 for one day.

Plus, NE doesnt seem to throw in free shipping these days. The 680s should have at least free shipping.

A major pro, for me at least, is that they ship super quick. Usually get the UPS guy at the door in 2 days. Sometimes 3. Never had to deal with CS, but people say theyre great.

Lots of cards at packaging from Newegg last night... we'll be finding out soon whos actually got packed and who newegg will send packing...
Thanks, my sides hurt now.

And now I'm still waiting on my GTX 680, still packing... other orders for cables and TIM went through though -- but they are from NJ, the card is CA.
If it ships, I'll buy EVGA's high flow bracket and cross fingers tight that the card is delivered on Friday (ShopRunner).

My "gripe" with Newegg is that they charge sales tax in CA. I figure I can save some money if I order my stuff from Amazon from now on. Or even TigerDirect. Both places dont charge sales tax to CA. Amazon has free shipping on +$25 orders. If I still had Prime, $4 for one day.

Plus, NE doesnt seem to throw in free shipping these days. The 680s should have at least free shipping.

A major pro, for me at least, is that they ship super quick. Usually get the UPS guy at the door in 2 days. Sometimes 3. Never had to deal with CS, but people say theyre great.
I'm in the same boat -- but with Amazon. They wanted $40 sales tax for a card from them (I'm in upstate NY), but NewEgg I get everything tax-free. No brainer.

I got free shipping through ShopRunner by doing a trial of a web host a while back, whole year free. Damn nice.

And now I'm still waiting on my GTX 680

Last edited:
Thanks, my sides hurt now.

I'm in the same boat -- but with Amazon. They wanted $40 sales tax for a card from them (I'm in upstate NY), but NewEgg I get everything tax-free. No brainer.

I got free shipping through ShopRunner by doing a trial of a web host a while back, whole year free. Damn nice.

Yeah, I guess it depends on location and availability.

I think the universe is trying to tell me something: my Newegg order was still stuck at packaging status, so I got into an online chat with a support agent just to verify if it would actually make it to ship.

The agent accidentally cancelled the order.

Sometimes, you've really just got to laugh at it all. :D Someone else's getting bumped up in the queue!

I think the universe is trying to tell me something: my Newegg order was still stuck at packaging status, so I got into an online chat with a support agent just to verify if it would actually make it to ship.

Sometimes, you've really just got to laugh at it all. :D Someone else's getting bumped up in the queue!

I just clicked online chat, reading this made me jump.

I think the first thing I will do is please ask them not to make that mistake ;p

What did the agent say when they did that? Doing anything nice for you for the trouble? :p

I'm with you at the bottom of the Newegg pitt. They kicked me to the curb this morning.

What did you have on order?

That is actually kind of funny. I wonder what went through the representative's head at the end of that chat?

I didn't even blast him, not really. It just figured. (BatJoe, I had an eVGA 680 SC+ on order. So whomever was in that line...)
I just clicked online chat, reading this made me jump.

I think the first thing I will do is please ask them not to make that mistake ;p

What did the agent say when they did that? Doing anything nice for you for the trouble? :p
The usual, I suspect: free (well, reimbursed) 3-day UPS shipping when I reorder the card. That was when I told him they'd lost a sale and to be certain I was the only person that "accident" happened to today. I probably could and should have insisted on something, but at this point...it's not worth it, since I wouldn't be able to order another card (and at this point, honestly, what little ardor I had for this sidegrade is officially gone) until at least one refund hits.

It occurs to me, though: this must be karma payback for snagging this 6990 (from Newegg!) on launch day. It's got to be. :D

haha I bet they aren't looking forward to getting the review of the survey you gave them.

Rep just confirmed my 680 SC+ was shipped! Whoooo!
The tracking number she gave me won't work, but I assume it's just not in UPS's system yet.

Sorry to steal your card, Redshirt :p

EDIT: Now Newegg's site says it shipped too, still not tracking yet.

Last edited:
Meh, TD drafted my debit card and didn't account a card for my order. I hate these companies. Tying up money like it is nothing... Ah well. Looks like I'll never buy anything from Tiger Direct.

I ordered mine yesterday. It was stuck on packaging, yesterday too. Today I got an email with the UPS tracking number, so cross fingers, EVGA's GTX 680 SC+ gets shipped today!

4/3/2012 Order #11849433X Packaging

UGH c'mon already... I've got a buyer lined up for my GTX 580 - but told him to hang on till I get tracking...

haha I bet they aren't looking forward to getting the review of the survey you gave them.

I bet it goes something like this...
Customer service representative was very helpful, canceled my $500 order instead of just checking on the order status, and gave me the opportunity to buy it elsewhere.

:p

Back