GTX 670

dinlee23

Gawd
so i got my 670 FTW today and i plugged it in my 430 watt psu and it worked like i thought it would. been playing BF3 since i got the drivers installed as well as the firmware update so far everything is good :D

i wont overclock yet though... im still waiting on my silencer MKII to arrive then ill let it loose :D

grats on your new card dude

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a good card but with BF3 your oc may not work. It can be stable in every other program but with BF3 it can cause crashes at times so just fyi. I oc my cards to the hilt, then back them down a bit for the nice stable sweet spot.

overclocked it... and well its not really that good of a OCer it can hit 7000mhz on the memory but core caps out at 1150mhz (boost) if i go any higher ill get crashes or artifacts in heaven, bf3, and 3dmark11... oh well still close to a 680

overclocked it... and well its not really that good of a OCer it can hit 7000mhz on the memory but core caps out at 1150mhz (boost) if i go any higher ill get crashes or artifacts in heaven, bf3, and 3dmark11... oh well still close to a 680

stilll a great card. That one of the lower OCs ive seen on a ftw card.

its the FTW LE edition (lower clocked) was gonna get the regular FTW but it was out of stock... so i said what the hell its just a lower clocked ftw but it looks like these chips really are the ones that didnt make the FTW cut. whats weird is that i get a 100% ASIC rating

well take a few days. If it bugs you, you can always send it back. 4gb version came out today. Kinda pissess me off since they said they werent going to make 4gb version. I think I would have paid $80 more for the 4gb version with backplate.

ill be fine its plenty fast at its speed right now as long as it doesn't completely bugger out on me in a month like some of these 670s seem to be doing i think ill be keeping it

You really should get more OC on that card.
What program are you using?

I have two of the MSI first release cards, and in games I consistantly see boost speeds of 1250 on the GPU clock.

My Afterburner settings are: voltage +25, power limit +122,core +50, memory +25 and fan speeds on automatic.:D

im using precision x i have the power target on 145% and anything over +60mhz on the core my card starts crashing on games and benchmarks even though its fine on evga oc tuner. i guess i just got the short end of the stick on this one. cant really complain since it runs fine on stock settings

im using precision x i have the power target on 145% and anything over +60mhz on the core my card starts crashing on games and benchmarks even though its fine on evga oc tuner. i guess i just got the short end of the stick on this one. cant really complain since it runs fine on stock settings

I'm right there with you.

145% Power target.
+80 on Core, 50+ memory.

Observed clocks was:
Core: 1230
Mem: 1603
Max temp of 49 (water cooled)

tried all i can to get 1200mhz on core and it just wont do it... final overclock is 1150 core and 7200mhz memory... at least my ram overclocks well :( imagine if the core overclocked to 1250 omg...

should be able to do more than that. i have an evga vanilla 670 i got pretty much on launch. it does +100 core +100 memory and boosts to 1235. never had a crash or issue with it. everyone was crapping on the smaller pcb version but im very happy with the card.

My Windforce flashed to modded FTW drivers boosts 1291mhz with a tiny voltage bump. Never runs over 50c underwater either.

Back