GTX 670 DirectCU Mini - Smallest GTX 670 Released by ASUS

octoberasian

2[H]4U
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/30958-asus-officially-launches-gtx-670-directcu-mini

GTX 670 DirectCU Mini is 17cm. long and should fit in a lot of miniITX systems out there.

asus_GTX670DCUMini_2.jpg

I have to say it, this is probably the "cutest" little video card I've seen. :D

I love it, can we has 2 680's like that too?:)

Nice! I hope to see this form factor carry on with top end GPU parts in the future. Especially since I just transitioned to a uATX mobo and chassis and will be looking to the 700 and 8000 series when they are in full swing.

Last edited:
So does ASUS endorse Noctua coolers? jk

Please someone put this on an mATX board in the 900D.

Damn! That card card has tri and quad SLI connectors too. ITS SO CUTE <3

$400...fuck. I'll wait until they go on fire sale with all the other 670's when I can pick one up for $200-225. Maybe $250 tops, maybe.

I was hoping this would have been released much sooner. With it's release now nipping at the heels of the 7xx cards, I'm concerned Asus won't see the sales they are expecting for this.. which may prompt them to be disinclined to carry this on to future series.

Based on the fact that the 770/780 seem to both be full length cards with titan shrouds, it may maintain relevance for those building SFX systems and see some good sales. Here's to hoping!

That is a pretty awesome tiny little card. That tiny card in a tiny box could beat the pants off a PS4 lol.

$400...fuck. I'll wait until they go on fire sale with all the other 670's when I can pick one up for $200-225. Maybe $250 tops, maybe.

This card reveals what the 670 really is. It didn't need that plastic fantastic fan hanging off the end just to make it look bigger and more expensive.

I just read Guru3d's review of it.

I like small cards. If that had been out earlier, I probably would have snapped one up.

:( Wish I this would have been out a few months ago, so sexy! But in a year or two I think i'd love to snap one of these up on clearance or used and make myself a mini itx media center pc.

The price point is not where I would like it to be for this card, nor is the 8 pin connector, but small concerns. Still a very promising card, considering I have that same mobo ready for my new case. :)

yea i buy used gtx 670's right now for 250 ONLY. kinda expensive for something that not only is not future proffed, but tiny... lol but still cool alot of potential and uses

Yeah, the price is on the high side especially when the 700-series is going to be released in a month or so.

These video cards-- AMD or Nvidia-- need to come down in price. Asking almost $400 for this card seem a bit preposterous when newer cards that may replace or supplant them are coming out. You would think that going smaller it would be cheaper.

I understand it's a new product but then again, GTX 670s are going for $350 to $430 on Newegg before and after discounts-- retail and brand new.

Trying to figure out if this card will fit in a Shuttle R5 series SFF (SZ68R5). The video card is taller than a standard 670 and I'm concerned that it will leave too small of a gap between the 8 pin power connection and the hard drive bay. Can any early adopters confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! And water cool the whole shebang to boot.

Just look at a reference 670 on water... about the same size. I'm sure somebody has put a Gene V with a 670 in the 900D by now.

I wounder why they didn't just stick this cooler on a reference PCB anyway.

Back