• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GTX 660 Ti crashes while Folding

Ajiki-kun

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2012
Messages
484
My Galaxy 660 Ti has been a champ so far, but recently it has been crashing when folding, and with increasing frequency. I noticed the first "UNSTABLE_MACHINE" a month ago, and now for the past week, it's been happening almost once a day.

I've been folding almost exclusively with the GPU just to rule out the CPU, as well as leaving everything at stock as a matter of course.

Temps are very safe-- around 55-60 thanks to some good cooling both from the card as well as my case.

Haven't ruled out a driver issue, although this happened across the last 3 driver revisions. I found it crashing occasionally in games too.

Anyone getting a similar thing? Is it a WU thing?

Help me [H]ardForum, you're my only hope! =D
 
I see your card is overclocked. Set it back to stock Galaxy settings for that card and see what it does.
 
Nope, I don't fold with it OC. This always happened at the stock Galaxy clocks.

Happened again last night, too. Grr.
 
Possibly an issue with your PSU. If you're using a modular power supply try reseating the cables and/or swapping the cables. Otherwise swap out the PSU to see if that solves the issue. Also try moving the video card to a different PCI-E slot.
 
Possibly an issue with your PSU. If you're using a modular power supply try reseating the cables and/or swapping the cables. Otherwise swap out the PSU to see if that solves the issue. Also try moving the video card to a different PCI-E slot.
Argh. So much work. I guess I'll ask my buddy for his spare over the weekend...
 
It's either a driver issue or your card isn't stable at stock clocks. I would clean all the drivers off the system and reinstall the latest WHQL drivers and see what that does. If it's still an issue you may want to consider a complete OS reinstall. If those two things don't work then it's most likely the video card and you'll need to do an RMA.

One other thing you can do is push the clocks down to standard 660Ti clocks and see what happens. Downclock from the Galaxy overclock.
 
Thanks for the responses everybody. I guess I have some tinkering to do this weekend, though I am not looking forward to that Windows reinstall...
 
Back
Top