GTX 660 problem

Godzra

n00b
I am wondering if anyone else has seen this issue, I had a Gigabyte 6850 with one of the Korean IPS panels(27 inch catleap) and it worked perfectly. I just upgraded to a Gigabyte GTX 660 video card and it will not display to that panel. It will show post and Windows splash screen then blank screen. I can hook up a extra 25 inch monitor to it and it works perfectly with the same ports and cables. I also tried another DVI Cable, and newest drivers only.

This is one of those panels that are DVI Analog only. I am stumped. I can put the old video card in and it works perfectly?

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks

quick specs
MSI Z77 mainboard
8GB DDR3
Crucial 120 SSD
Windows 7 Pro

Edit for info - specs

Last edited:
I take it that you have tried both ports on the card for the CatLeap monitor? That 660 does come with two, dual-link DVI's, so it should be able to display 1440p. Only thing I can think of is that maybe one of the ports is bad. That is a very strange dilemma there.

Can you unplug the monitor and boot windows, and then plug the monitor in after Windows is loaded (watch for HDD to stop to tell when that is) and see what happens? If you get the BIOS screen and the Windows splash screen then the port is working, but it sounds like the card isn't able to detect the monitor correctly (refresh rate or something) and so is not pushing video to it. Also, have you tried booting into safe mode to see if it works there?

The funny thing is on the 660 the second DVI port is a digital only... I think anyway from the pin-out. I am going to bring a DVI Digital cable home tonight and try it.

I am stumped:confused:

Forceman, I did try safemode but no luck, I will try complete boot then attach monitor tonight.

Make sure you are using a dual link cable (NOT the same as DVI-D). BIOS and splash screen are low-res. Catleap are very picky about the cable, I had to buy a 24awg dual link cable for mine to get good signal.

you might have to contact nv and send the edid info for that model, it's probably buggy.

Its probably not the card, on overclockers.net there's a few people with the new batch of monitors that can't get it to work on their 6xx series nVidia cards, yet it works perfectly fine with 7xxx ATi cards.

OK, got it working, for future reference. I ended up using the digital only cable and it would work off either port on the 660 GTX . I am still confused by this and need to read up on my DVI specs.

Ah, once I got a pair of needle-nose pliers, and pulled out the analog pins. It worked. But the blade is a different width between the two, so it still depends. I had an old 6600GT card that for some reason would get confounded with a DVI cable if it had analog pins too. One port worked, but not the other DVI port without digital only.

Back