GTX 570 Resolution Stuck

JookyOne

Limp Gawd
So I am a little perplexed. Set up this PC a few months ago and everything has been fine up until a couple days ago. I restarted my PC from sleep and when the desktop came up it was in 1024x768. I checked the display settings and I can no longer change the resolution to 1680x1050 (Samsung Syncmaster T220). I updated the driver but to no avail. I also installed the monitor driver software as I noticed it was missing. So far nothing has worked. My only options in Resolution are 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x720. Even under the advanced settings, the resolutions still don't show anything over 1280x720. Does anyone have any insight as to what may be causing this problem?

Windows 7 64-Bit
eVGA 570 GTX SC

It appears this is a Windows driver issue for the monitor. After trying multiple times last night to get the drivers installed correctly, I still can't get the monitor out of these low resolutions. Looking in the Device Manager I see that the monitor is correctly identified however, when I look at its driver its pointing to some .sys file that identifies the monitor as "Non PnP Monitor". From a quick tour of the internet, it appears others have had similar problems with Windows x64 editions and their monitors not being able to display their native resolutions. Anyone have any insight on this?

I'll have to check to see if that option is available in nVidia control panel. I don't recall seeing it there last night. It looks like other people have been successful using PowerStrip to create "Custom" resolution profiles to solve this problem. I just don't understand what changed as everything was working fine up until a week or so ago.

try reseating the DVI cable, or turning it around end to end.

Haven't tried reversing the cable, but I opened a new thread yesterday in the Display forum as I tried running a VGA cable with DVI adapter on yesterday and that allowed me to choose any of the resolution options offered by the monitor. Something is up with either the DVI cable or the DVI connection on the monitor itself as best as I can tell.

Also, try installing the latest nvidia driver (275.33 yesterday), and choose "clean install".

Back