GTX 570 Overclocking

crackbone

Gawd
I was curious as to if anyone has picked up one (or more) of these and has any Overclocking information to share.

I received mine yesterday, and I was able to push it to 800/2000 without issue whatsoever. Looks like I'm running at about 75C at load. I'll be messing with it more over the next few days, as I'm pretty sure I have some more headroom, but I was curious as if anyone has hit a wall going higher.

I was curious as to if anyone has picked up one (or more) of these and has any Overclocking information to share.

I received mine yesterday, and I was able to push it to 800/2000 without issue whatsoever. Looks like I'm running at about 75C at load. I'll be messing with it more over the next few days, as I'm pretty sure I have some more headroom, but I was curious as if anyone has hit a wall going higher.

I think 850MHz core is the golden spot for these cards, have a google. Although udner water expect to see over 900MHz most probably.
Whether it'll be properly stable past 800MHz is another matter.

Then you already have all the experience. Overclocking ability varies from chip to chip, so even if you read that 10 GTX 570 reached more than 800 Mhz on the core, yours might not. Just do your tests and stick with the most stable configuration :)

Then you already have all the experience. Overclocking ability varies from chip to chip, so even if you read that 10 GTX 570 reached more than 800 Mhz on the core, yours might not. Just do your tests and stick with the most stable configuration :)

I know that each GPU is different, etc, I'm just curious as to what others are able to pull off with some stability.

I know that each GPU is different, etc, I'm just curious as to what others are able to pull off with some stability.

Fair enough! So don't let me hinder your efforts in that quest :)

I think 850MHz core is the golden spot for these cards, have a google. Although udner water expect to see over 900MHz most probably.
Whether it'll be properly stable past 800MHz is another matter.

I expect 1Ghz under water. As you can see here with a small voltage bump they got the card to 912mhz on the factory cooler all while still remaining under 95celsius. The GTX 480 overclocked would hit 105c no problem so these coolers and cards can take it. Would I be comfortable... no so I would use water but check it out http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_570/30.html if they played around more perhaps up to 930 stable. With water I could see 1ghz or ever so slightly more :D

I expect 1Ghz under water. As you can see here with a small voltage bump they got the card to 912mhz on the factory cooler all while still remaining under 95celsius. The GTX 480 overclocked would hit 105c no problem so these coolers and cards can take it. Would I be comfortable... no so I would use water but check it out http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_570/30.html if they played around more perhaps up to 930 stable. With water I could see 1ghz or ever so slightly more :D

Yep that's why i said past 900MHz probably. But again, whether it'd be stable (i mean actually stable) past the 800/850MHz mark is another question.

Last edited:
Im Running mine at stock for the moment as running a little hot and waiting to purchase some aftermarket cooling.
My idle temps are 43-46 degrees and Load it gets to around 85 degrees.
I have come from a gtx260 overclocked with a arctic cooling heatsink which idled at 30 degrees and fully loaded at 50 degrees. My whole system is so much hotter with this card and stock heatsink so roll on the aftermarket coolers!

I'm currently running 800/2000 in sli pretty well. Haven't had a single hiccup.

The only thing I dislike is with my current mobo, I can't put them in pci slots 1&3, only 1&2, because the 3rd slot ends up pushing against some jumpers and crap. Anyway, this obviously gives me a little higher temps, but they are still lower than my 480's temps. This is with my case fans on low though, and the 570 fans on auto for quieter gaming sessions lol.

Last edited:
I'm currently running 800/2000 in sli pretty well. Haven't had a single hiccup.

The only thing I dislike is with my current mobo, I can't put them in pci slots 1&3, only 1&2, because the 3rd slot ends up puching against some jumpers and crap. Anyway, this obviously gives me a little higher temps, but they are still lower than my 480's temps. This is with my case fans on low though, and the 570 fans on auto for quieter gaming sessions lol.

Just out of interest, which motherboard is that?

I've been able to squeeze 850/2025 out of the card before getting into instability mode.

I'm running @ about 83C load on each card. I can't believe how much quieter these cards are compared to previous iterations.

Very satisfied with the purchase. :D

I've been able to squeeze 850/2025 out of the card before getting into instability mode.

I'm running @ about 83C load on each card. I can't believe how much quieter these cards are compared to previous iterations.

Very satisfied with the purchase. :D

How long does this last in OCCT under error check mode?

Back