GTX 560's Any word?

reaper12

2[H]4U
Hey,

Has there been any news lately about the 560's? I am still curious where they will fit into Nvidia's line up of cards. I am holding out on buying a card for my brother until these are released, they are taking ages!!

That the card is even being made is still mostly rumors and speculations. You won't get any hard information about the card until it launches. I wouldn't wait, I'd go for a 6850 (~$180) or 6870 (~$210) now that it looks like the price gouging for those is over. Or maybe a 460 1gb if you can find it for ~$150

word on the street is that 560 is coming out jan 20th.

as far as where it fits in the lineup . . . expect a similar bump from the 460 as the 580/570 were over 480/470.

If you're dying for a video card in that range, not much point in waiting as there are lots of options around this price point as stated above. If you're dying to see how this card turns out, which I think will be a pretty good bang for your buck, then wait 3 weeks to see how they turn out.

cheers guys, i reckon i will wait a few weeks and see what turns up. There is no major rush.

Hey,

Has there been any news lately about the 560's? I am still curious where they will fit into Nvidia's line up of cards. I am holding out on buying a card for my brother until these are released, they are taking ages!!

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1568985

The card is supposed to replace the GTX 470, so performance should be at least on par with it. but most likely better (given the rumored clocks), with the exception being high tessellation loads. Recent picture leaks hint that the PCB is as long as the current GTX 460 and it will use the same 2 six-pin PCIe connectors, as the GTX 460 1 GB.

Rumored release dates are between 20 and 25 of January.

Back