GTX 560 Ti now, or wait for 6xx?

dewcorps

n00b
I am torn between two decisions.

Right now I need to make the decision of buying either a Filco cherry MX blue TKL equivalent of about 150 USD, buy a GTX 560 Ti, or hold out for the 6xx series. The main reason I am having a hard time deciding between these choices is mainly because I don't know when the next line of Nvidia cards (6xx) are set to release.

In short, should I...
1) buy the keyboard now, and wait for the 6xx Nvidia cards to release, and get a 6xx
2) buy the keyboard now, and wait for the 6xx Nvidia cards to release, and in hopes of a discount get the 560 Ti
3) straight out buy the 560 Ti right now
4) anything else?

Another concern is that I will have my next GFX card purchase for the next two years, do you think the 560 Ti will stand up to the challenge, or should I hold out for a 6xx card which may be more future proof?

Any and all suggestions and comments would help

and how long do you plan to keep the next card? kepler is suppose to be legit so if you are fine with waiting till next aprilish you should just wait.

You don't mention what games and resolutions are involved here; the 560 Ti is plenty fast for 1080p and most games.

I tend to lean towards heavy video-editing with a little 3d rendering and some video-games to top it off. Video card wise, I just want something in the area of bang for buck.

There's supposed to be an improved version of the 560ti coming out in a few days. Perhaps you'll want to wait for that.

There's supposed to be an improved version of the 560ti coming out in a few days. Perhaps you'll want to wait for that.

Seconded. You could also go much cheaper if you don't need the raw performance, but if you can afford the 560 Ti or it's 570-based update, go for it- you won't be disappointed.

With rumors of the 600 series not coming out until summer/fall....well you might as well get a 560TI.

although I would wait until November 29th, and get the 448 Cuda core 560ti.

It depends how much you need new card... if you don't need it much and in near future you should wait for 600, but I would prefer buying 560...

The new 448 560Ti would be ideal if you're into vid editing, what with the extra CUDA cores and all...

From what I read and heard first releases of series 600 should be end of 2011 - Q1 2012 but until the cards will be ''good enough'' for buying and don't be $1000 bombs can take even a year. So you should need to take that you'll have your 600 series in about year. Consider if it's good for you or not.

Back