gtx 560 or 6950 for 2560x1600 gaming to tie me over till next gen..

hdgamer

Gawd
I'm looking for best solution to tie me over to play skyrim, witcher 2, and maybe swtor on my 2560x1600 monitors. I don't need to max out all the settings, but smooth performance if possible. I already know the witcher 2 probably isn't going to run, but I can hold off on that game if I get into swtor. Currently have a 2500k overclocked with lots of ram and a hd4870 which hardly runs these games. I figured I'd wait it out a few months sell the card I'm going to buy for a loss and pick up which ever the best one card solution is at that time. Probably by summertime.

1GB is not enough, so you will need the 2GB versions of either card. I'd just get whatever is the cheapest.

Has anyone had problems with current ati cards with textures flickering in the background of their games. Was playing skyrim earlier on my hd4870 and this was happening. Seemed to remember all ati's older cards having problems rendering shadows or background textures. I just came from sli GTX480's and they ran smooth as butter. Put them in my gaming room and this build is more for my other computer...

No problems with flickering playing Skyrim on my 5870.

I'd go with the 6950, its a bit more powerful but both are good cards. Whichever is cheaper.

Back