GTX 480/ GTX 470 Pricing leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has been posted many times :p. These could very well be fake too. Read the comments, they are hilarious.
i am sorry but i did not see a topic on this. Didn't this just come up on SabrePC just last night?
:eek:

The site itself seems legit. They appear to allow *anyone* to comment, however. :p

Yeah, there's no way it's right.

Well, to be fair, SabrePC is in San Jose near to Nvidia HQ.

IF (and i mean *IF*) they are true, it would mean that GTX 470 is positioned against HD 5870 and GTX 480 will go up against 5970.

Sadly wouldn't be surprised.

Still, when the 280 came out with an absurd price, nVidia did (sluggishly) correct the pricing to something more reasonable when the 4870 came out and was competitive with it. I find it hard to believe that they'd make the same mistake with the 5870 already released.

On the other hand, if Fermi is as broken as people fear, it might actually be stupidly expensive to make...

Sadly wouldn't be surprised.

Still, when the 280 came out with an absurd price, nVidia did (sluggishly) correct the pricing to something more reasonable when the 4870 came out and was competitive with it. I find it hard to believe that they'd make the same mistake with the 5870 already released.

On the other hand, if Fermi is as broken as people fear, it might actually be stupidly expensive to make...

The other thing .. which is almost unthinkable is that Nvidia has a much stronger GPU than we all think.

IF the pricing is anything to go by, Nvidia would be positioning its GTX 480 against the 5970 refresh and the GTX 470 against 5870's refresh.

Maybe they are that fast
:eek:

The other thing i notice is that SabrePC is making some changes to its site and it took one of them down. Still, the pricing is up
----but it probably is an error where they jumped the gun (maybe to make people think what i theorized above)

Sorry, but no level of performance could justify me buying a $700 GPU, unless I win the lottery. My limit is a little over half that. And for the past 7 or so years, I've bought good GPUs in that budget (9800 Pro, 7800 GTX, GTX 280 post-price drop).

Price gouging at it's best?
With limited supply, people are going to pay through the teeth just to say they have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back