• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GTX 470 High Temp Issue

RoGuE1230

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
464
I've been messing around with the idea of adding a second monitor recently. I grabbed an old CRT of mine and added it as a second display, and I noticed video card fan was really high. I checked the temperature and saw it at 73 degrees at idle! It is normally around 40 degrees at idle.

I did a little research and found that when you add a second display it keeps your card in 3D mode with a second display. I couldn't find anything about a fix. A lot of the things I read were a couple years old, so I was wondering if there was ever a fix for this to keep it at 2D clock speeds...
 
Back
Top