GTX 470 FTW SLi or Not for Gaming

M a d c o w

Limp Gawd
Hi Everyone. I need info and suggestion goin SLi or not for gaming. Main PC gaming is Call of Duty and Black OPS is just around the corner. Will it gain any difference in performance if I where to SLi GTX 470 FTW together, I'm about to purchase another 470 FTW @ very good price sealed non regitered. Suggestions wil be great so schime in. Thanks in advance

Well since the game isn't out there really isn't a way to know if SLI will benefit it or not. If you can hold out on the purchase of that second card and wait for the game to come out then that would be the smart move.

guessing that you're playing at 1920x1080 from your sig? i doubt it would hurt anything to go SLI, but i doubt that it would be worth the money at that resolution. call of duty black ops is a console port and it's likely that the graphics won't be terribly demanding, if past (recent) call of duty games are any indication.

CoD:BO is still DX9 and i assume will be like MW2 and will not be that demanding. A single GTX470 should be fine for 1920x1080 res. Though you could get another one a future proof yourself :)

Back