GTX 460 - Experiencing Driver Issues / BSOD

unknownsidhu

Weaksauce
Hey guys, looking to get some help in regards to display driver issues with my GTX460. Recently, I started experiencing an issue where my display would flash and black out, and then either return back to windows, or, bsod. I receive the "Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered" error in windows. Going through the System event logs, the warning shows up as "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered". I have made no recent hardware/software changes, and have no clue as to what may be causing this.

After a few days of frustration, I decided to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows, and install nothing but the latest GTX460 drivers available (340.52). Everything seems to be working okay, and no errors or blue screens even after a few hours of inactivity. However, as soon as I install my network drivers, I start experiencing display issues. My guess is, perhaps Windows is making driver/software changes that are affecting the display? I have also tried to disable Windows updates prior to installing network drivers.

No overclocking what so ever, and, system has been running with the same hardware for over three years now. I have also tried installing older display drivers, including those that initially came with the GPU and mobo. Any ideas?

System Specs:

Intel 3770K
16GB Kingston HyperX
Enermax 500W
EVGA GTX460
Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Thanks!

Sounds to me like something's gone awry with the onboard NIC or the board itself, or some kind of conflict has popped up for whatever reason. I'd try a BIOS update on the motherboard first and make sure you've got the latest drivers for the chipset and all the various onboard components, especially the network adapter. If it just refuses to play nice, you might try disabling the onboard network adapter altogether and installing a NIC card instead. If it comes to that though, you might also want to talk with ASUS about an RMA. Regardless, from my personal experience I'd say the motherboard and/or motherboard drivers/firmware are the primary suspects in a situation like this.

Back