• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

GTX 460 experience

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Apr 25, 2001
Messages
16,142
My Sparkle GTX 460 (768mb, $189.99 shiped) came in from Newegg today along with an Athlon II X4 640 and 2gb DDR2 to replace my X2 4200+ and 1gb DDR2 in my WHS.


Currently running shaders at 1560 stock volts for 9960 PPD and the Athlon II is pumping out 4.6K PPD on a SMP P6025 at 3.2ghz stock volts. 460 is running 65C temps.

Total price after selling X2 and RAM.....$315.

Not a bad deal for a WHS that was doing 0 PPD.

 
I'd be surprised if that is all you can get on stock volts with that 460. I think mine was in the 1650 range before I need more voltage. I'm at 1780 with as much voltage as Afterburner lets me pump to it, and it has not failed a work unit yet. I think my fan is up to 60% or so with similar temperatures. It isn't silent, but it is close. Nice cards all and all.

Congratz on the upgrades!
 
Yeah, I'm gonna download afterburner and go for it.
 
Back
Top