GTX 295 vs 560 Ti

I think that's great if your strictly going to play DX9/10 titles and don't need more than 896MB of video memory. My 4890 1GB can run any DX11 game because it has DX10.1 hardware, although not many DX11 only titles out there. Only thing it can't do is Tessellation. I hear the games it can run the GTX 295 is pretty impressive but man that's a lot of power usage! :)

PS: my way of saying go with the 560

Last edited:
I'd go with the GTX 560 Ti (or even better, the 448 core version). Two generations newer, support for DX11, more VRAM, lower power draw, cooler, quieter.

I find that hwcompare site to be annoying because it mostly spews a bunch of technical spec numbers with no benchmarks. This is a very good example of where doing that does not tell the whole story.

In terms of performance, the GTX 560 Ti and the GTX 295 are in the same ballpark. When SLI is working well on the 295, it will be a bit faster. When SLI scaling is poor, the 295 will fall behind. Given that the 560 TI uses a LOT less power and generates a LOT less heat to do pretty much the same job, and you get DX11 and more VRAM too, it's a no-brainer decision.

Back