GTX 285 SLI ... P19266 in 3DMark Vantage?

[H]adouken

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure what settings the community runs at, all I did was choose PERFORMANCE preset and it did 2 graphics tests, 2 cpu tests and 6 feature tests. Do you guys run all these?

With stock i7 920 and stock 285s, I get P19266, seems like one guy on the ORB site says he got P17000 with a single one. What could be the problem?

I have 17,500 with a single with PPU enabled. Massive CPU overclocks with hyperthreading will get you about 57000 on the CPU at 4.3Ghz. I am 30,000 with SLI. Overclock man....

Now WITHOUT physx, that is a different story.

Also no need to run the feature tests.

I'm definitely going to overclock, I'm just worried something might be messed up with my cards. Is 19000 what I'm supposed to get with a stock setup or is something most likely fubar'd in my system?

Tests ran without PhyX enabled btw.

[H]adouken;1033735750 said:
I'm definitely going to overclock, I'm just worried something might be messed up with my cards. Is 19000 what I'm supposed to get with a stock setup or is something most likely fubar'd in my system?

Tests ran without PhyX enabled btw.

So you have physx disabled in nvidia control and disabled PPU in vantage?

If you want I can give a 4ghz run with stock card settings without physx for you.

Okay to clear up the 19000 score, PhysX was disabled in the NVIDIA control panel, but I did NOT check "Disable PPU" in the Post Processing section of Vantage.

What do I keep on and what do I keep off? Does enabling PhysX drop FPS? Same for "Disable PPU"?

And yeah ND40oz that would be great but I need to know what settings to run this at to make this a fair comparison.

I just installed the new 182.06 and enabled PhysX and got 24000+, I always thought PhysX was supposed to drop performance...

SO...PhysX off or on? Disable PPU checked or not?

For an official score you need to run drivers 181.20 with physx disabled. And no with physx enabled you get a gnarly points jump in the physics CPU test.

If you have physx disabled in the driver level you do not need to check disable PPU. I am running a test for you right now.

Is there a reason for 181.20 rather than the newest 182.06? What drivers are the best for our setup?

And thanks for the clearup, seems like this thing eats the CPU as much as the GPU...

182.06 i7 920 @ 2.66 GHz and GTX 285s SLI'd at stock settings w/ PhysX disabled: 19776

Guess I'll do 181.20 tomorrow.

Edit: Okay seems like you OC'd everything lol, I'll get back with my results when I OC sometime this week.

Futuremark does not approve the driver, so for a valid score you have to use 181.20.

Just as a reference point, I have 2 identical machines Core i7 920, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 6gig 1600mhz RAM (OCZ), BFG GTX280. With one GTX280 I get ~P12,500 (one machine tops 13k) and with two video cards in one machine in SLI I got ~P22,500. That was with PhysX enabled. I just benched without that enabled and got ~P12,600. Overclocking the CPU doesn't seem to have much effect on Vantage scores. Maybe in SLI, I didn't try it when testing. I haven't overclocked the GPU at all, and I didn't change any settings anywhere else.

19266 seems pretty low for SLI 285's Maybe in the driver control check and see if the 3D performance settings are set to "let 3D application decide". My initial guess would be some setting somewhere is different. Your setup is pretty similar to mine.

Also, I'm running the 181.22 drivers.

edit: just thinking about it, if your score was under 15k I'd suspect that the SLI isn't working. Try testing with one video card and see what happens. Might give you a better idea what's going on.

Just as a reference point, I have 2 identical machines Core i7 920, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 6gig 1600mhz RAM (OCZ), BFG GTX280. With one GTX280 I get ~P12,500 (one machine tops 13k) and with two video cards in one machine in SLI I got ~P22,500. That was with PhysX enabled. I just benched without that enabled and got ~P12,600. Overclocking the CPU doesn't seem to have much effect on Vantage scores. Maybe in SLI, I didn't try it when testing. I haven't overclocked the GPU at all, and I didn't change any settings anywhere else.
Nah SLI definitely works, I get 24000+ with PhysX enabled which is about 10% higher than the 22K you get so it works out. Overclocking is supposed to have a huge impact on this benchmark.

Overclock on the CPU or the GPU? I honestly didn't pay attention to the individual numbers with the SLI or stock CPU settings. With the CPU set to 3.5ghz my cpu score is 21256.

But yeah, 24K in SLI sounds about right, I guess you figured out why the score was lower. (confused sorry)

Back