• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GTX 280 SLI Lifetime?

hhara

Gawd
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
817
Keep in mind I play on 2560x1600, and I like to have all the eye candy maxed. Currently for some games, like Crysis and Just Cause 2, I cannot do that. But, it does come quite close.

I may consider switching over to a GTX 480 but that all depends on the official benchmarks and not something that gets leaked or immediately taken down after being posted.

How much longer do you guys think I should hold out before upgrading to something else? I want to get a fair price for my GTX 280s but I bet their resale value is about to drop big time.

Thanks
 
I'm probably gonna hold out until fermi refresh/northern islands before I ditch my 280. The thing that gets me about current fermi 480 is that it doesn't have the full 512 sp that you know the next edition will have. It comes down to whether or not you can wait another 6 months or not, but keep in mind that if you do, then you will get a superior product relative to what is available now, but your 280 sli cards will lose alot of thier value by then.
 
id say wait im thinking about SLi 260s atm if i can get a 2nd for cheap and holding out for re-fresh
 
I'm probably gonna hold out until fermi refresh/northern islands before I ditch my 280. The thing that gets me about current fermi 480 is that it doesn't have the full 512 sp that you know the next edition will have. It comes down to whether or not you can wait another 6 months or not, but keep in mind that if you do, then you will get a superior product relative to what is available now, but your 280 sli cards will lose alot of thier value by then.
I take it you are not running that GTX280 with your sig pc.
 
actually I am, I just cant figure out how to change my sig :D
so you are running a gtx280 with that 6000 X2 and actually eyeballing a fermi? you are already so cpu bottlenecked right now that its not even funny. you could have bought a gtx260 instead of a gtx280 and gotten the same performance in almost every case with that cpu. seriously dont even consider another gpu upgrade until you get a decent cpu capable of pushing high end cards. also 2gb of system certainly doesnt cut it anymore. :eek:
 
no, i meant I don't know how to change my sig, My current pc is an I7-920 it would really suck if I was still on that old thing lol
 
no, i meant I don't know how to change my sig, My current pc is an I7-920 it would really suck if I was still on that old thing lol
wow you didnt word that very well then and you made me type all that for nothing. lol

just go to your subscriptions or control panel and there is an edit signature on the left.
 
Back
Top