GTX 280 Price drops

Rocksta107

Limp Gawd
I started a similar thread a little while ago and didn't get any response to one question:

Can those of us with non-XFX 280 cards petition the other manufacturers for rebates in some form? I have an ASUS 280 I got for $599. Who can I pester?

i dont think asus will do that, they are a money hungry manufacturer in my eyes . The big 3 (x,e,b) have their reputations to take care of, so that they can sell more cards in future .

To ASUS it does not matter if you buy your next card from them or not, because they got so many customers for their other products .

While for the big 3 , graphic cards make a major part of their revenue . SO retaining customers is everything to them .

Well XFX and EVGA also CARE about taking care of their customers, where as if all the customer service stories i have heard about asus are real, asus could give 2 shits about anyone that buys their stuff.

Well XFX and EVGA also CARE about taking care of their customers, where as if all the customer service stories i have heard about asus are real, asus could give 2 shits about anyone that buys their stuff.

well thats exactly what i said .

I have the link on the XFX site but I don't see anywhere you can actually apply for the rebate? Am I just blind or have they actually started it?

EDIT..
Nevermind I see the form in IE now, it wasn't loading in FF.

In my opinion, that's the price you pay for early adopting. You should know it was coming. It happens everytime so this time you learned your lesson. Im not trying to thread crap or anything, that's just the way it is, but this time was a little more excessive in the price drop.

Lesson learned - buy from a better company next time to show your support :)

General rule of thumb: That's exactly why you go with BFG, eVGA or XFX when you buy nVIDIA.

The price difference between the brands are NOTHING compared to getting excellent customer service.

General rule of thumb: That's exactly why you go with BFG, eVGA or XFX when you buy nVIDIA.

The price difference between the brands are NOTHING compared to getting excellent customer service.

qft, seriously...funny thing is, it wasn't too long ago that asus gpu's were actually 20-50 bucks more than the Big 3 alternatives haha

asus could give 2 shits about anyone that buys their stuff.

That is the absolute truth. EVGA BFG and XFX are the only places anyone should be buying nvidia cards. I'm sure they're all great but EVGA has absolutely bent over backwards to keep me happy and I will be buying from they exclusively. Asus, Sapphire, etc etc. Do not give an absolute damn from my experiences.

Like everyone said, lesson learned.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

No, there is NO lesson to be learned, period. If you pay for something then regret it, it's his own dam fault. No excuse for common sense.

Lesson learned - buy from a better company next time to show your support :)

No, there is NO lesson to be learned, period. If you pay for something then regret it, it's his own dam fault. No excuse for common sense.

If someones agrees to pay X dollar for an item at a given day should not cry if this item price is reduced the next day. I understanding the frustration but heh, this is life.
And this is particularly true with technology.

I bought last year a Pioneer Plasma 50" Kuro for $3500. Now it can be found for $2000 (a new model is available). I have no regret. This is how it works.

I started a similar thread a little while ago and didn't get any response to one question:

Can those of us with non-XFX 280 cards petition the other manufacturers for rebates in some form? I have an ASUS 280 I got for $599. Who can I pester?

It's a free country - you can petition whomever you like. I agree that no company who sold 280's owes anyone anything - But just remember next time your in the market for a card, xfx stood up to make things right. That's the lesson. Class dismissed.

You made a terrible financial decision buying a $600 video card. Next time you'll know not to do that and either buy a cheaper card or wait for prices to come down.

You felt fine spending the $600 then, and now you don't because others got it for less?

You aren't one of those that bought 10 of them to sell them on Ebay for profit and now you're stuck because you can't sell them are you?

What? If a company is known to give rebates on price drops, why not buy from them for the extra security? How is that NOT a lesson learned?

I don't think that asus wont do it because they are money hungry, I think they won't do it because that is the way they are, they are big manufacturers, and probably way bigger than evga, bfg, xfx, some people will buy from asus no matter what, I buy all different brands and I am sure most of us here do as well, these big guns can afford to do this. evga, xfx, and bfg are in competition with each other, while msi, gigabyte and asus are competitors with one another, they are players in a different league.

Asus sucks, good luck with that, I sent my measily X1900XT 256mb in, they pretended to fix it, got a different box packed it back in and shipped it back to me.

Lazy selfish beeeotches.

I had to haggle about 3 emails before they sent me a free shipping label to print so send the pos back to them.

Ironically enough,

EVGA products are some of the worst I have ever owned i.e. 8800 GTX, 8800 GTX SC, 680i.
Had issues with them for two years almost.

With Asus everything has been flawless.

If I had to rma I would rather own an EVGA product though.

That is the absolute truth. EVGA BFG and XFX are the only places anyone should be buying nvidia cards. I'm sure they're all great but EVGA has absolutely bent over backwards to keep me happy and I will be buying from they exclusively. Asus, Sapphire, etc etc. Do not give an absolute damn from my experiences.

Like everyone said, lesson learned.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I've never had an ASUS part break or fry...Or even have driver problems. Everything just works. From the moment I plug it in. Even so that's why I buy from Newegg. So they can deal with it.

I've never had an ASUS part break or fry...Or even have driver problems. Everything just works. From the moment I plug it in. Even so that's why I buy from Newegg. So they can deal with it.
What do you do after 30 days?

Thats why you abuse the living hell out of it for the first 30 days to see if its gonna die :p I just bought an Asus rampage formula, so far so good, just have to hope it lives long enough for the x58s to come out.

Back