GTX 280 or X1950PRO

tunesintheattic

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
73
I would like to know which is the better graphics card. The Evga GTX 280 or the SAPPHIRE Radeon X1950PRO? I have a set of both and would like to use the better pair.
 
The GTX280 would be better by quite a bit.

I have 2 4850s in Crossfire in a secondary rig and both combined are about as fast as a single GTX280. Each 4850 is about 2-3 generations newer than the X1950 Pro.
 
The GTX280 is miles ahead of the X1950PRO. And it's DX10.
 
The GTX280 is much faster than the X1950 Pro. My hardware chart doesn't extend as far back as DX9 cards but if I recall correctly the 8800GTX is about 70% faster than the X1950 Pro.
 
Tough call. We all know the X1950pro was lightyears ahead of its time. Rivaling even 6990 CFX rigs and the such.
Uhh I mean GTX280 for sure. Card will blow that X1950 out of the water.
 
GTX 280, I had an X1900GT in 2006, the 280 is about 2-3 years newer.
 
if you want a GTX280 -- I have one for sale (GTX280 OCX - 666MHz clock) in original box with SLI connector - just looking to get rid of it :) PM me if interested!
 
" I have a set of both and would like to use the better pair"

it does not appear that he is looking for a gtx280
 
Back
Top