GTX 260 on 24" westinghouse very fuzzy/hazy/washed out

LiquidX

2[H]4U
My new cad arrived today. Did a clean install and updated with the latest drivers which makes my desktop and anything viewed fuzzy/hazy/washed out. Tried different drivers and same thing. The onboard video actually looks better. Found a few others with the same monitor and problems but no solution.

I'm running XP fully updated with a regular VGA cable with DVI adapter to the monitor. Anyone can help me on this?

Why are you using VGA cable with DVI adapter? Does the monitor have DVI or VGA.

It it does then
Fuzzy/Hazy - use DVI (video card) to DVI (monitor).

For washout - look for adjust desktop color setting in Nvidia Control Panel.

The DVI adapter is on the GTX260 because the monitor is only HDMI, VGA and component. Regardless those using HDMI to DVI also have the same problem with this monitor.

Also , check the resolution of the monitor. Make sure there is no scaling. 24" should be 1900 x 1200.

Is it a 24" monitor or TV? If it's a TV it's probably 1920x1080. Monitors sold these days are usually 16:10 instead of 16:9 so that could possibly explain it. Try using 1920x1080 as well as using DVI --> HDMI instead of DVI --> VGA.

Its a Monitor 1920x1200. Also doubt going DVI to HDMI will help as those using the HDMI seem to also be affected.

I've never seen a screen meant for digital interfaces look good with an analog one. You will always get artifacts on digital screens running with analog cables (so far as I know).

Well I have been using it for years before getting a GTX260 and had no problems before. Regardless it should not look worse than my on board, 4830 or 9800GTX and this clearly does. And it seems to be a specif problem with this monitor and 200 series.

I would recommend using a straight digital connection, a recommendation you've heard. Also see if there are monitor drivers out there for your screen and get those installed.

I have the Westinghouse 24", forget the model at the moment, but with same interfaces as you describe. I experienced the same issue with my ATI 4870 card using the included DVI-HDMI adapter and connecting to the monitors HDMI interface.
I had the same type of issue but the resolution for me was using the "other" DVI port on the card. I never did get a clear answer about what the differences were for interfaces.

Good luck.

I've never seen a screen meant for digital interfaces look good with an analog one. You will always get artifacts on digital screens running with analog cables (so far as I know).

My screen has both DVI and VGA connections and I can't tell the difference. On my friend's monitor which also has DVI and VGA, it runs better through the VGA in my opinion.

Back