GTX 260 and HDtv

piXel

Gawd
How do i connect this to my 32 inch tv and recieve sound, i have a dongle with Componant connectors on it, do i just need to plug this in the back of the card and buy a Componant too hdmi cable?

I suppose your card doesn't have an HDMI port on the back? Many modern cards support a DVI to HDMI dongle that will allow sound and video out through one HDMI cable. I'm not sure if your card is one of these.

on your 260, near the SLi connector, there is a small square "cap" covering a s/pdif input. As long as your mobo/sound card supports it, just run that cable (should of come with your video card) and sound should work fine.

unfortunitly my motherboard doesnt support that so I have yet to try it.

You need to get a DVI to HDMI adapter (couple dollars at monoprice) and run a S/PDIF jumper cable from the jumpers on your soundcard/motherboard to the jumpers on your video card. NVIDIA cards don't have onboard soundcards like ATI cards do.

Oh right isnt it possible just to Run a male to male audio wire from my onboard sound card Into the Sound input on my Tv?

If you are looking for analog audio I guess you can just run a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to your TV for sound.

Hmm i think i have a HDMI adapter for the DVI with somewhere, anyway this digital audio thing on my Card

http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?src=/images/mainboards/asus-p5q-pro/board.jpg&1=1

Where abouts is it is the connector on my board, it says on the spec there is one and also what is the cable i need to do it?

This is consfusing the crap out of me though because i thought sound Couldnt go through DVI?

Or are we on about using the HDCP in conjuction with that componant adapter i got with my card

:confused:

I believe it's at the bottom of your board, next to the floppy channel. You can get said cable from evga/bfg/etc

Sound can go through the DVI port on the 260/280's, you might need the adapter that came with the card though (haven't tried it)

Aparantly i got the loop back cable with my card i just need to find it, a mate of mine built a tri SLI 285 system not long ago So he must have a HDMI adapter, infact i asked him last night, he said he had a 2m DVI too HDMI, cable.

Would this cable be appropriate?

Back