GTX 1080 - Buy Now up on Nvidia's Product Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to grab one in stores and wanted one today. I wanted the founders edition, but, if I'm going to have to wait might as well wait for aftermarket coolers.

Either way, enjoy. Let us know how awesome it is when you get it.

EDIT: lol, its already out of stock.

Annoyed. Had the Geforce page up and refreshing and all it said was "notify me". Then I follow the link posted above, and OOS. WTF?

Please - since when has demand NOT outstripped supply at launch? (In short, you should know better than that.)

1080 is available over here in my local store, MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA and Galax models, but they are ALL labeled as FE and they are all priced the same: NT$26990, which is $827 according to XE.com.

Not entirely unexpected, we are approximately 20% more expensive than US due to taxes, what surprised me was Galax being labeled at the exact same price. Galax cards often undercut into the other 4 brand's, at one point their 980ti OC was cheaper than 980...

I am going to wait and see what models the will be showing at Computex. Strangely, Gigabyte is in a COMPLETELY different location to Asus/MSI...

I can accept the laws of supply and demand, but when I have the site up that I followed right from their homepage and there's no option at all to purchase, then someone posts a SIMILAR link and it's OOS, THAT annoys me.

Annoyed. Had the Geforce page up and refreshing and all it said was "notify me". Then I follow the link posted above, and OOS. WTF?

Yeah, I was getting the notify message too. I figured, it was 9 am, so I went to every major site that would have people purchasing these incase someone was able to purchase one and found the link. Ordered mine, and it was out of stock 2 minutes later when I went to look for their new SLI bridge.

So does Nvidia still force you to pay Sales tax in every state and charge shipping?

Custom cards are the way to go anyway. Just be patient young grasshoppers.

I decided to wait it out. This plus a Gsync monitor my wallet just doesn't want right now.

CRTL-F5 might of turned that Notify Me into Buy Now

It didn't. I was refreshing that page when I found the real link, and the email page still took me to a notify me, unlike the above page.

So does Nvidia still force you to pay Sales tax in every state and charge shipping?

Yes. $90 tax, $30 shipping, unless you go with the free shipping 5-7 days I think? Not sure. I figured at $1400, what's another $30?

Yeah, actually I'm happy that Amazon in Japan still not had anything ... My heart say: buy. My intelligence say: wait until 1080ti water cooled. Thanks to Amazon not supporting my heart :rolleyes:

I had already made plain that I was going GTX1070 (for the sane reasons that (first off) I only have use for one, and (second) I'm not rich enough that I could afford GTX1080 in the first place.

Was willing to pay the early tax, but made it too difficult to get. I'll just wait for better cooled models from EVGA. I guess I win? My 960 is doing just fine for now.

Ordered one a few hours ago. No shipping info yet. I wonder if they'll ship today?

Jeesus people, just wait a week or 2 and get a better card for less money. ANY of the aftermarket cards will be better and cheaper and the FE cards lolol

I was able to preorder an EVGA 1080 FTW for $679.99.

Yay for not paying the Fools Edition tax!

You mean do they let you break the law and avoid taxes? Always amazes me how people think they shouldn't have to pay taxes.

Jeesus people, just wait a week or 2 and get a better card for less money. ANY of the aftermarket cards will be better and cheaper and the FE cards lolol

Thanks - this is valuable input.

Yay for not paying the Fools Edition tax!

Rich irony here lol...

You paid the "fools edition" tax on the FTW - just a BIOS. You could have saved and bought the SC which is the same card. :)

That was pretty brave, the base and boost clocks are marked TBD. I was considering it but I wasn't going to pull the trigger unless I knew how much higher it would clock for the higher price, especially with the Classified still only teased.

I would preorder the EVGA 1080 FTW right now, if I could find a place to do it. All I want is AIB cooling and a second power connector. I have pretty strong confidence nothing else really matters. Yeah, some coolers will be better than others, and some will offer better values than others too, but those are smaller differences.

I would preorder the EVGA 1080 FTW right now, if I could find a place to do it. All I want is AIB cooling and a second power connector. I have pretty strong confidence nothing else really matters. Yeah, some coolers will be better than others, and some will offer better values than others too, but those are smaller differences.

Those are basically my thoughts on the matter as well.

Throw in the awesome warranty that EVGA has (and extended warranty options for 5 or 10 years), it's a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back