GTR-2 Single Player Demo out on Friday!!!

NEODARK

Gawd
For those of us into RACING, you have a lot to get excited about. Simbin's new baby is about to be released in DEMO form really soon, you can find all about it here:

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/gtr2-demo/index.html?tag=gtr2_csbox

I can't wait!!!

The cars are the Ferrari 575 and the awesome Murcielago RGT, the track is Barcelona GP circuit.

Prepare your wheels...

Climb behind the wheel and experience the thrill of driving to new heights in the GTR 2 single-player demo! As the official simulation of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile GT championships, this racing game features more than 140 high-detailed cars and 34 different track variations to choose from. GTR 2's ground-breaking physics and revolutionary Driving School Mode will push your boundaries as a real race driver, so jump in the cockpit and prepare your wheels!

The GTR 2 demo (512 MB) gives you the chance to drive one of two FIA-GT class cars against up to 15 computer-controlled opponents at the Barcelona GP circuit.

GTR 2 will be available in stores September 30, 2006.

Perhaps the biggest news, even bigger than the demo release and the best part is: It looks like 10Tacle Studios is dropping StarForce

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=260790
http://www.glop.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=682

ANd the trailer for those that don't know what this is:

http://h720677.serverkompetenz.net/GTR2-Trailer-Summer-WMV9.wmv

931477_20060407_screen001.jpg

oh shit i cant wait...just the demo will hold me over for a while...nice find

Looks cool, time to dig out my old MS wheel. :D The demo just HAD to be released on the day that I'm moving though. :( Oh well, I'll have 2x faster net speed over there so atleast I'll be able to d/l it faster.

Big PC racing game fan, checking in. Our numbers are small, but we exist.

NEODARK YOU BASTARD!! now i have to find money for not just making a SFF pc but buying a racing wheel... why why did you have to tell me about this game why! :(

ahhh im gonna go crazy

I was thinking about selling my Logitech MOMO Force wheel and pedal set. But then I forgot about this game. And now that I need to buy a brand new computer from scratch cause I'm in need of MAJOR upgrades to play any game these days, I can't sell my wheel. This will be one of the first games I will test a new PC on. Sorry... what the fuck was I thinking about selling it...

Is this simply track racing or is there any road racing in there? For some reason, I prefer the road as opposed to the track (the Need for Speed series for example)...dunno...

I'll admit though...I'll take a break from working and give that demo a round or two...it looks sick ;)

nst6563 said:
Is this simply track racing or is there any road racing in there? For some reason, I prefer the road as opposed to the track (the Need for Speed series for example)...dunno...

I'll admit though...I'll take a break from working and give that demo a round or two...it looks sick ;)

I'll give you a hint, http://www.fiagt.com/

gotchya....never heard of that before. I'm not a big racing fan as you can see :p I do like the racing games though...and will definately give this one a shot

Frankly im surprized a lot of pople don't know about this. IT"S HUGE, at least in Europe//

GTR changed race sims when it came out, and this is the continuation of the racing game of the year in 2004.

it will be sick.

:D

Just got it with no waiting at 300k. Thankfully, the demo is actually 312MB not 512MB as reported in the first post. Can't wait to get home and try it. Right now I'm stuck at work on a Dell workstation with intergrated graphics! :(

I have been waiting for this game for a while now. At 54% right now from CNET downloads.

Sept = GTR2
Oct = Logitech G25
Nov = Bliss!

MooCow said:
I was thinking about selling my Logitech MOMO Force wheel and pedal set. But then I forgot about this game. And now that I need to buy a brand new computer from scratch cause I'm in need of MAJOR upgrades to play any game these days, I can't sell my wheel. This will be one of the first games I will test a new PC on. Sorry... what the fuck was I thinking about selling it...

You weren't thinking obviously. But we forgive you this time. Just get your PC working/buy new goodies and get driving! :p

any1 know how to get custom resolutions? i would love to get to play this on my HDTV

^ Pft, doesnt take much to be better then Forza and GT series. I will download the demo tonight and try it out. But if its anything like the first GTR, I will just be going back to my lovely LFS :D

NEODARK said:
Frankly im surprized a lot of pople don't know about this. IT"S HUGE, at least in Europe//

GTR changed race sims when it came out, and this is the continuation of the racing game of the year in 2004.

it will be sick.

LFS came out a few years before GTR, GTR didnt really change anything as the physics cant compare to LFS.

So, no sign of Starforce? Sweet :)

Downloading now, hopefully it will run decently, and will work with my modded xbox controller.

I hate to reply to my own post, but...

This is a pretty sweet demo. My system handles this game at 1600x1200 with AA easily, and the entire game looks sexy. Using the modded xbox controller is awesome, and the rumble pack even works. :) Now I just gotta figure out which tires to use.

Volucris said:
The game was horrible. Uninstalling.

Because? Or was it because you can't drive whatsoever except in super fake physics games like NFS:U so it makes this actual like REAL LIFE game crap huh?! :rolleyes: So next time give a reason before just blowing it off like you just suck at it and have to act 5 and just say it sucks! :p

m3ta1head said:
Hey do you get better wireless signal when the antenna on the wrt54g is bent like that?
i had to move the case closer to the wheel (usb) and this is only a temporary setup (unless someone unlocks the other cars (i want to powerslide the viper)

DruSi3r said:
i had to move the case closer to the wheel (usb) and this is only a temporary setup (unless someone unlocks the other cars (i want to powerslide the viper)

Only a viper can powerslide?! :p

Well after doing ok on novice mode I decided to try out simulation mode. I spun out of control before I left my starting grid on my first try. :D

Yeah, simulation mode is hard!
I kept spinning out in first gear!

Try going like 150mph and then dropping the tranny down the 1st and watch the flames! :D

Back