GTO2 <$200 myth?

vincentfox

n00b
I keep reading these glowing reviews of the Sapphire GTO2.

Sounds great.

Then they mention it should be under $200.

Which doesn't square with what I am finding. Even newegg has it for $289.

after the enthusiats and retailers found out that the GTO2 has a 100percent chance or unlocking to an X850XT, demand went up, thus price went up.

You guys know that ATi is offering a coupon for $100 off of a Crossfire-Ready graphics card...

They list the GTO, but not GTO^2...

So that's like... $79.00 USD for an x800XT

Coupon

Borgschulze said:
You guys know that ATi is offering a coupon for $100 off of a Crossfire-Ready graphics card...

They list the GTO, but not GTO^2...

So that's like... $79.00 USD for an x800XT

Coupon

Does this work if you buy more than one card and give the same address?

No I think that coupon is for Crossfire edition cards. Not a card that can be ran in Crossfire. And the only Crossfire Edition card out there is the X850 Crossfire Edition I believe. Here is a link to one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102621

That is still a great deal though. You can get a X850 XT for 229.00

That is better than the GTO 2 IMO.

EDIT:

Ok this is how this coupon works after careful reading. You have to buy a buy a ATI card out there that can be ran in Crossfire. Then you register yourself for that 100 dollar off coupon. Then you go out by that X850 Crossfire Edition card. Then you mail in the UPC and the coupon code to get 100 dollars off that CROSSFIRE EDITION CARD. Still a pretty good deal, not as good as we thought it was though.

So in all, you are paying full for one card that can be ran in Crossfire. Then you are getting 100 dollars off the Crossfire Edition card.

It's stupid...you have to get 2 cards, in essence, to get the $100 rebate. You have to get a card that is XFire-ready, as well as an XFire Master card.

Edit - @OP: When it came out, it was hovering around the $200 mark. Now that the secret's out, e-tailers are raising prices because they know people will buy it.

Back