GTA5: Which version to buy?

Stugots

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm probably going to pick up a copy of GTA5 soon. Because I have both a PS3 and a 360, I can't decide which version to buy. I'll be using my PS3 more because Gran Turismo 6 will be on PS3, whereas Forza 5 is for the XBox One. But, I feel like 360 games look better than the PS3 versions.

Even though I'm holding out for a possible PC/Next-Gen version, I'd also factor in how much aiming I'd have to do. I still can't aim nearly as well on the PS3 pad as I can with the 360 pad.

Can anyone who is currently playing it comment on how much aiming you have to do?

Even though I'm holding out for a possible PC/Next-Gen version, I'd also factor in how much aiming I'd have to do. I still can't aim nearly as well on the PS3 pad as I can with the 360 pad.

Can anyone who is currently playing it comment on how much aiming you have to do?

Shouldn't it still be lock on with RB/R2?

Also I believe this is the 2nd (1st?) AAA release that the PS3 actually won over the 360. Too bad it took till the EOL to get there.

If you have a ps3 with an ssd in it, buy digital. its what I did for TLOU, never noticed any lags. and im damn sure i wont notice any load times with GTA 5 as well.

im planning to ssd a ps4 once i get the ps4 as well.

If you have a ps3 with an ssd in it, buy digital. its what I did for TLOU, never noticed any lags. and im damn sure i wont notice any load times with GTA 5 as well.

im planning to ssd a ps4 once i get the ps4 as well.

Yeah I think when I get a PS4 I'll get an SSD for that, depending on how much they increased the Sata controller. (I assume Sata 3)

yea i have a vertex 2 (sata II) and play TLOU & gt5, now gta5.

I'm not sure if the ps4 is sata III, but I have a 99.9% feeling it will be... lol

I learned on PC that load times are minimal if any when games are on an ssd drive. just waiting for 840 pro 512gb prices to go down!

Just get some plextor M5pro's, the 256gb's are only like $200 :p

yea i have a vertex 2 (sata II) and play TLOU & gt5, now gta5.

I'm not sure if the ps4 is sata III, but I have a 99.9% feeling it will be... lol

I learned on PC that load times are minimal if any when games are on an ssd drive. just waiting for 840 pro 512gb prices to go down!

Load times are decreased by a very miniscule amount on an SSD with consoles, but the big thing is texture loading/pop in, and SSD's help that a decent amount. Overall, I wouldn't rush to grab an SSD for your console(s). It's not a great increase by any means, unfortunately.

Couldn't make up my mind so I dusted off the 40GB PS3 and installed a 90GB SSD I had collecting dust too. Now to wait for the download to finish. I feel really lazy by not driving to the store to pick up a new game on release day at lunch time. Even if I do work from home.

On a sidenote a Vertex SSD doesn't slide into the PS3 all the way when using all 4 cage screws.

Waiting for the PC version here.
Its not so bad, there are quite a lot of games to play in the meantime.
I was recently given Splinter Cell Blacklist and I gotta say the critcism of its graphics are largely unfounded, it looks really really good!
Its a lot of fun too if a bit tough at times.

The differences are minor, I think it comes down to which controller you like better. For me the 360 controller is more comfortable then the PS3.

I was planning on getting for the 360 but I'm gonna wait to see if theres any new developments for the pc/next gen version.

Load times are decreased by a very miniscule amount on an SSD with consoles, but the big thing is texture loading/pop in, and SSD's help that a decent amount. Overall, I wouldn't rush to grab an SSD for your console(s). It's not a great increase by any means, unfortunately.
There is a video of load times on a regular drive vs ssd digital install for TLOU, the load times were pretty significant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wfYnYCJQI I can't imagine waiting over 30 seconds (in this case over a minute, in this video!)
I'm also using my left over vertex 2 from my build back in 2010. I wasnt going to find a buyer so I just put it in the ps3 and its been working ever since.
Couldn't make up my mind so I dusted off the 40GB PS3 and installed a 90GB SSD I had collecting dust too. Now to wait for the download to finish. I feel really lazy by not driving to the store to pick up a new game on release day at lunch time. Even if I do work from home.
On a sidenote a Vertex SSD doesn't slide into the PS3 all the way when using all 4 cage screws.
Hmmm, I have the slim and the vertex2 is in there perfectly, perhaps the first vertex was a little bigger?

Back