GTA5 For The PC In January

Simple, they have exclusive agreements with MS and Sony, for console launch.

That makes no sense considering the other major game developers all manage to have simultaneous PC releases (if they have them at all) and Rockstar's history of delaying or not providing a PC port at all. It really seems at if Rockstar is just biased against PCs.

That makes no sense considering the other major game developers all manage to have simultaneous PC releases (if they have them at all) and Rockstar's history of delaying or not providing a PC port at all. It really seems at if Rockstar is just biased against PCs.

They use to cater to PC's in the old days. Im just hoping its worth the wait. They got a lot of slack for GTA IV's port quality.

tired of this shit.If I can't play it on a phone or wii then fuck it.end of short rant!

They've made me wait damn near a year already, no way in hell I'm paying over $5 now.
Kiss my ass Rockstar, I went Saints Row.

I guess Rockstar need some extra time to count their profits from the console release part 2 and then they'll release it for PC.

Already posted this in the GTA V thread.

Saints Row IV = boring, snore, yawn, no replay value and ridiculous

GTA V PC = besides those playing it on the PC or for online for first time, a handful bunch are re-buying it for modding purposes.

I don't think I'd pay full price for GTAV either. Will consider Saints Row instead.

My problem with GTA5 is with the gameplay not the graphics so I doubt a PC version would fix that.

I am not buying this game until it drops down to a sale price. We should all do this to stick the finger to Rockstar. This is BS and I am tired of it. I am a fan of your games just freaking release the game on PC. you had all this time to make it for XB1 and PS4 but not PC? BS!

I don't think I'd pay full price for GTAV either. Will consider Saints Row instead.

Saints Row IV has been out for quite a while now and the developers announced there won't be another Saints Row any time soon.

Already posted this in the GTA V thread.

GTA V PC = besides those playing it on the PC or for online for first time, a handful bunch are re-buying it for modding purposes.

I've recently been playing Saint's Row IV and it's been a lot of fun. I think it's rather creative and entertaining. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others that like the GTA style games.

$20 and 86/100 on Metacritic? :D
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206420/

the gaming industry has gone the way of hollywood and the music industry.
we all know whos behind each and every segment of the entertainment industry..

kinda sad how they've meddled and weasled their way into the gaming industry and ruined it.
and look, gaming as a whole is dying, pc gaming is being forced to be a non-priority, its just pathetic.

the gaming industry has gone the way of hollywood and the music industry.
we all know whos behind each and every segment of the entertainment industry..

kinda sad how they've meddled and weasled their way into the gaming industry and ruined it.
and look, gaming as a whole is dying, pc gaming is being forced to be a non-priority, its just pathetic.

Unfortunately but true but it's the only way the industry is making money these days despite old school folks like you and me hating every bit of it (don't get me wrong, good games still slip through the cracks but not as much compared to a decade ago).

The change with fps games started after COD MW1.

Day one for me, will be buying full price steam or maybe gmg to get that 20% off. Been waiting to long, I refuse to play low fps console ports.

The consoles this time are running practically off the shelf AMD PC hardware. The only reason this was delayed was as a big fuck you to PC gamers, and so Rockstar can blame poor sales on piracy.

I love how a company that got its start on PC loves dicking over the folks who got them where they are today.

Top-Tier games for the PC are going to outsell console games by a wide margin--because there are far more people gaming on PCs, obviously. The only reason to delay/refuse to sell a PC version is that the developer doesn't want to spend the money to turn the game into what PC users will expect--and that is, a game that will utilize their hardware to at least 75% of its capacity. This means that the game needs to use more ram, higher-resolution textures, more shaders, and higher resolution displays--among many other things , while still producing a sizzling frame-rate.

Console-only developers are long used to producing games for much lower hardware specifications & standards--costs less and takes less time. Rather than produce a game that will be universally reviled on the PC because it is substandard, many console developers would rather not bother with a PC version at all (see, "What Happened to Epic after Unreal.") I make a concerted effort to stay away from such developers and their games--everyone should, imo, unless console-level quality is something you don't object to, of course.

They might blame "piracy" (the universal straw man for lazy developers), but piracy occurs on consoles, too, and in most cases the actual reasons a successful console title bombs on the PC has nothing whatever to do with piracy, and everything to do with the game falling well below the expectations of most people who do their gaming on their PCs.

They might blame "piracy" (the universal straw man for lazy developers), but piracy occurs on consoles, too, and in most cases the actual reasons a successful console title bombs on the PC has nothing whatever to do with piracy, and everything to do with the game falling well below the expectations of most people who do their gaming on their PCs.
Well not only that, but on consoles, having to pay a percentage of sales to the console company (MS, Sony) AND not getting anything for used game sales evens the actual profits out compared to PC.

The ridiculous part is the point of the series. ;)

My biggest complaint with that game is that you simply become way too powerful and it just completely makes things pointless. I enjoyed the hell out of the game otherwise.

It will sell well on the PC.

Not bashing the PC vs. console or anything like that. But, for those that own a console and PC, and you own it on console - would you rebuy the same game but on PC? I'm sure there are better visuals, but it's the same game.

Yes, but only for games I really like. I play on buying GTA V again, maybe I can flip my 360 copy before then... I've already done this with Sonic Generations and Street Fighter IV.

Till they get their shit together and not treat PC gamers as some side project they could care less about. I will not be buying any more Rockstar games. Perhaps I'll be on the losing end of the stick as many others will still purchase, but I would have done my part for the PC gaming community.

Although I totally get what you're saying, if everyone did that we'd only succeed in closing one of the better studio's out there.

Sadly the best thing PC gamers could do is flock to new releases regardless of how "late" they are. Show these Studio's what they're missing out on, the largest market out there. Console gamers I know seem to have a much different attitude. My friends that are console only, won't hesitate to pick up day one releases. My PC friends (including me) are a lot stingier and tend to wait for sales and I'm probably one of the worst offenders for that. When I was younger and didn't have a family I was more inclined to grab games day one and play a lot more. Just doesn't seem worth it to me anymore. Very few games get my money day 1 now.

Back