GTA V game play trailer.

No way some of those screens are PS3/Xbox. They're probably running it on high end computers like most of us want to run it. Oh well, at least after the PS4 and Xbone come out we won't have to pray for games to come to PC. They'll be made for x86 anyway, so we'll get them all.

To be honest, I'm not impressed with the video graphic-wise. It looks like the same graphic quality (maybe an slightly optimized engine build of) as Red Dead Redemption or L.A. Noire. Not next-gen and not high-def PC. It appears to be a heavily optimized last-gen engine. Just my opinion though. I haven't been impressed with any of the screens/videos they've released as far as graphics go, so I assumed it wasn't next-gen.

I think once a PC version comes, the graphic mods will unleash the true potential of this engine.

I also said it in the news posting, I bet a "next-gen" and PC version (both being x86) come out at the same time in about 6-12 months. It'll probably turn on some of the shader/graphic features not present in the last-gen, increase resolution, and possibly draw distance.

looks like average PS3 graphics to me but maybe my memory is foggy. i'm not sure how well multiple playable characters would work out for me. i prefer to get invested in one central character.

what? that is supposed to look great? i dont know about you but i am in 2013, july, to be more exact. :rolleyes:

Okay, now give us a game that exists in July 2013 with that kind of huge open-world, with all the interactivity included, that looks like it does. Give us a game that even comes close.

Gonna start holding my breath now... :eek:

Okay, now give us a game that exists in July 2013 with that kind of huge open-world, with all the interactivity included, that looks like it does. Give us a game that even comes close.

Gonna start holding my breath now... :eek:

Shh graphics are the only thing that make games playable nowadays! :rolleyes:

The problem is what we see in these videos and TV spots is not really true representation of what the game will look like when you play it at home. People have any number of different TV's or computer monitors with any number of variations in their picture settings.

I remember watching the videos and stuff for LA Noire and not being that impressed with the faces and overall image, but when I played it (on PS3 mind you) I was very impressed with how much better it actually looked.

Not saying it was like "omg looks like Crysis 3", but it was definitely noticeable.

Also, realize how compressed these videos are. I've taken some FRAPS captures while playing and I think at 1080p, 60fps videos that are a few minutes are GBs in size. The HD download of the latest GTA V trailer is like 260MB.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is this too epic. Almost looks like too much to do haha. I could see getting lost in some side job/game ie spending my time golfing to become some golf pro or just being a bounty hunter. Looks amazing just way too epic hahaha. If Rockstar pulls it off this game could be the only game people are playing for quite some time. Multiplayer looks interesting, can't wait to see where it goes.

Is it just me or is this too epic. Almost looks like too much to do haha. I could see getting lost in some side job/game ie spending my time golfing to become some golf pro or just being a bounty hunter. Looks amazing just way too epic hahaha. If Rockstar pulls it off this game could be the only game people are playing for quite some time. Multiplayer looks interesting, can't wait to see where it goes.

My brother and I (back when San Andreas was released, I was 16, he was 14) logged tons of hours on San Andreas. If this can do the same thing then I'm sold. I loved San Andreas, and in many ways I felt that GTA:IV was a step backward. But you're right though. With all these things the game will have, there's no way that I can log the hours needed to complete everything - I'm not a kid anymore. :(. :D

"I'll wait for the PC version"

For those waiting for the PC version.... its going to be a LOOOONG wait. no PC version is announced, Rock star doesnt always do PC ports (see Red Dead Redemption) and even if they are going to make one (ie they are hiring a guy to work on PC ports) it'll still be months or even YEARS after it comes out on the 360/PS3. You're better off just getting it on the consoles and if and when it shows up for the PC just wait for the next Steam Sale...

"I'll wait for the PC version"

For those waiting for the PC version.... its going to be a LOOOONG wait. no PC version is announced, Rock star doesnt always do PC ports (see Red Dead Redemption) and even if they are going to make one (ie they are hiring a guy to work on PC ports) it'll still be months or even YEARS after it comes out on the 360/PS3. You're better off just getting it on the consoles and if and when it shows up for the PC just wait for the next Steam Sale...

Agreed, if you already have a 360/PS3 then I'd personally purchase it for one of them and enjoy it now. Otherwise, I feel like its going to take 12+ months for it to be (probably poorly) ported to the PC. Then once its on PC replay it in all its graphical and modded glory. GTA V is a gameplay focused game, no point playing the waiting game for a boost in graphics for a game like this.

I was really hoping Rockstar would shock us with a surprise that they've been working on a X1/PS4 version all this time and that's why it was delayed a year. :(

Considering how much effort was put into the Max Payne 3 PC version, I'm going to hold a little faith in them releasing an amazing PC version.

Considering how much effort was put into the Max Payne 3 PC version, I'm going to hold a little faith in them releasing an amazing PC version.

MP3 was pretty fucking excellent on PC for sure.

Also GTA 4 ran like fucking dog shit on the consoles too. Couple cars exploding? Enjoy 12 fps for those glorious few seconds. They probably spent a considerable amount more time under 30 than at it, especially the PS3.

GTA 4 was pretty sick when it came out though, I still really enjoy that game, although they need to make it a bit more mod friendly. That game turns to utter shit when you start adding high quality car mods. The engine can't seem to handle that many things.

Back