GTA IV Soon

next-Jin

Supreme [H]ardness
Who has it preordered or getting it on release? I went over to thier website and the screenshots look awesome. I had to stopped played the X360 version because of the graphics. They were terrible :D

don't get your hopes up. the console versions probablys wont look much different then the PC except for some filtering.

i will probably be getting this game on release. i love this series and u gotta support rockstar

Looking forward to it! Probably not getting on release, but will definitely be getting it as soon as I get my next paycheck after Christmas shopping.

I'm probably one of the few who will be playing GTA4 for the first time on PC. I held out on the 360 version.

Looking forward to it! Probably not getting on release, but will definitely be getting it as soon as I get my next paycheck after Christmas shopping.

I'm probably one of the few who will be playing GTA4 for the first time on PC. I held out on the 360 version.

I got mine on preorder. Also havent played any version yet :)

Apparently you need a pretty damn good PC to run it with the settings maxed. There has been quite a bit of discussion over at the GTA Forums

I played it the first week on a few of my friends Xbox 360s, but most of that time was spent killing people or attempting special jumps. It pissed me off, they got rid of the insane stunt bonus, and they got rid of tanks, from the list I can think of off the top of my head. I'll still buy it eventually.

don't get your hopes up. the console versions probablys wont look much different then the PC except for some filtering.

I dunno about that, from the screenshots I have seen at home they look tons better. The main things are;

1. The dithering is gone
2. 1920x1200
3. It looks like they upped the texture res

the higher res would be a seller for me though regardless

Also never played it, so PC version will pop my cherry so to speak. And I'm looking forward to it seeing as all my friends and coworkers who did get it upon original release didn't leave their house for a month and sang praises of it when they did.

I preordered my copy and I'm actually looking forward to getting involved on MP as the number of allowable people has been doubled from 16 to 32 which should be a fuckload of fun.

Yeah the MP might be amazing for the game... I wanted to play it on the 360.. now I get a chance for the PC since I missed out!

A German magazine that previewed the PC version said the console versions look like PC on low. I'm pretty sure the textures will get an upgrade, along with better draw distance etc..

The improvements won't just be resolution and filtering.

2560x1600 check
Custom AA check
Custom AF check
Increased texture resolution check
Increased draw distance check

Even if it looks identical, once its powered at a decent resolution with high levels of AA and AF its going to look twice as nice.

I was given an xbox360 recently and also borrowed some games including mirrors edge and GTA4 and after a few mins on mirrors edge with the controller I gave up to wait for the PC Jan release, and decided not to play GTA4 because I know the PC version will be superiour :}

Higher resolution / draw distance / overall clarity of the graphics will be such a huge improvement. I played through the PS3 version despite all the graphical bluriness and still enjoyed it hugely, so I know I will absolutely love the PC version. Can't wait to be able to properly read all the signs, leaflets, trash and all the other incidental details.

Increased max player limit for the multiplayer on PC is also nice, and the video editor and rewind feature looks like it could be an awesome touch.

Can't wait until the 3rd! I've preordered it on steam.

Hmm, I've pretty much played the hell out of this game on PS3 for the past 7 months to the point where I'm pretty much sick of it. Still, I may pick it up for PC just for the user mods if nothing else. GTA has always had a kickass modding community on PC.

I've avoided all console versions and reading any reviews on this title, so not to spoil the thrill.

The ultimate version is coming next week, can't wait. I always have a blast playing the GTA games.

From the shots I've seen, I'm looking forward to not having the kind of soft and fuzzy look to the picture that both console versions had, right off the bat. That alone will be easily worth the double dip for me before we even get into the rest of things that I, as a PC gamer, am looking forward to.

It looks like the game will be highly multithreaded, looking at the quad suggested system requirements, and the dual minimum. This is great because multithreading is improving greatly, and with a game like GTA4, it will push many to buy quads.

pc.ign.com/articles/925/925515p1.html

Nice. GTA 4 was way too blurry / jaggy on the consoles and the framerate was inconsistent. This should be fun. I don't know if I'm ready to shell out another $50 just yet though...

I cant wait for this.

I actually just started over on my PS3. Finally got a bunch of trophies to go after.

1 thing that sucked was when you are in a SUV, and barrel through a crowd of 12 people or more, the framerate shoots down to about 2-3fps. Which sucks because I want to see them fluidly flop over my car and get launched away.

I cant wait for this. full res high textures. mouse and keyboard. It's gonna be great.

The PC version also allows for more pedestrians and traffic. Seemingly the density of traffic and people on the consoles is one third of what is possible on the PC.

mmmm GTA4....so many good games lately wtf happened? the creative guys came out of the woodwork finally! sure hope this trend continues

Back