GTA IV any availability problems?

Grimlaking

2[H]4U
I'm not talking about game stop. Because they suck at stocking new games for non preorder customers. But places like Walmart.. or Sam's even.. has there been a stock issue for anyone? IE unable to get the version they want (ps3 or 360)

I'm not talking about game stop. Because they suck at stocking new games for non preorder customers. But places like Walmart.. or Sam's even.. has there been a stock issue for anyone? IE unable to get the version they want (ps3 or 360)

in a NYC gamestop store I was like half way in the big line. soon as I got in, I gave them my name, even though I didn't pre-order, and I got a copy still. heh heh. I think they were preparing to sell a bajillion copies so there probably isn't going to be much of a shortage.

I just came back from Best Buy and they literally had about 200 copies of each normal version and 50 of each "special" edition on a display table. I'd guess most of those stores will likely have a similar display.

I haven't heard of anything yet. I just got back from Lunch at Circuit city and we both walked up and got a copy... I did notice however.. I only saw about 10 copies of the xbox and ps3 left.... Maybe they have more in the back though?

A Circuit city here in dallas had about 10 special editions for each platform, and a nice stack of regular for each platform as well.

I just walked in, got my special edition and walked out. No muss, no fuss. Fuck pre ordering shit.

As a side note, this saftey deposit box is going to get used to hold and lock up my firearm at home. Not a bad little box to be honest.

I'm pretty sure anybody should be able to just waltz in just about anywhere and get a copy at this point. It's way too high-profile. Unless you're way out in the MON, and that's probably debatable.

I cant imagine anyone not being able to walk into walmart/BB/CC/Target and pick up a copy.

Got a 360 & ps3 version from Target at 10:15 no problem.

Almost got the bigger special edition... but when the lady told me it has a bag and a box with the game, I passed on it. There must've been something else in there to make it the "special edition". Anyone get that?

The SE comes with the game of course, a R*-branded duffel bag, a soundtrack CD (more of a sampler, I guess, but hey), a R* keychain, and an art book. The whole thing is packed inside a metal safe deposit box (with keys), which is what's actually inside the game box.

Picked up a copy for PS3 at a Gamestop In Puerto Rico, no problems. BTW the girl behind the counter said she (her register) sold nothing but PS3 copies

Wow.. I picked up the ps3 collectors edition. I love the added stuff. Makes it easy to get in the mood for the game. :)

Its like Halo 3 so far I believe...plenty for all at most places.

Retailers are finally getting smart, and instead of trying to fake demand on these big games with shortages, they are just selling them like crazy cause they know the demand already exists!

I expected a big shortage and to have to run all over town, like back in the N64 days, but the only store I went to had plenty :p

Picked up mine around 11:15AM today at Wal-mart, I asked the lady If I could get a copy of GTA for ps3 and she told me oh they have them already at the checkout. :D

After reading all of the issues with the 60GB PS3 I actually took mine back and swapped it for the 360 one (I have a launch system, which is supposedly immune) and they STILL had a giant stack at a completely different Best Buy at 6:00PM yesterday.
I'm pretty sure that if anyone wants to buy either version, there are plenty out there.

The Target I went too had a full row in the display case and 4 boxes behind the counter, I went by Walmart to pickup some shit for home and they also had loads of them. I'm pretty sure the initial shipment will last 2 weeks or so.

If anything shortages would be due to the time frame whereby the game goes gold and is in stores only a couple days later. In this case (same as with halo 3) they've been pressing the game for several weeks to get enough copies on shelves. While its nice that we can all get it at launch, if they had done a quicker turnaround, a lot of people could have been playing it 2 weeks ago and people would have to be a bit more diligent in getting their copies.

I went to Fry's and they had a table with X360 and PS3 versions on it. Then they had stands on each side of the table with X360 SE version and the PS3 SE version. Then they had a shopping cart completely full of regular X360 versions.

I think there was plenty to go around as long as the store ordered enough.

No special editions where I tried to grab one he in South Houston. I ended up at BBuy and they had a messy display with a few regular edition left.

I picked up my copy over lunch yesterday at Circuit City with no issues - but they had all of their stock at the front desk, so it was a little hard to gauge how many copies they had - though they did have plenty of SE's.

walked across the street during my lunch hour to target to pick up the game... there were tons of copies.

I came down with a very bad cold yesterday afternoon and have been stuck in bed since ;)

decided to just go to gamestop's midnight release and whatdoyaknow.. they have extra copies to sell to non-preorders. Just walked in and got my game, in Seattle too.

Up in Canada here:

Went to two Superstores, both were sold out of the 360 versions but had plenty of PS3 ones.

Finally decided to hit up the mall since it had both an HMV and EB Games (basically Gamespot up here) and HMV had it.

best buy had TONS of them... they even had a bunch of the special editions left for both ps3 and x360

i went around 1-2pm

the news was doing a story about it when i was there... i only caught a few words which was sex and drugs so im sure it wasnt a story telling how awsome it is haha

Back