GTA Clothing - SPOILER?

jester1176

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright, so...first island has one clothing store I know of...the russian store.

Second island has two. A sorta-urban store and two stores where you can buy suits.

Third island, I haven't found any. Where are the clothes? I'm tired of running around looking like Mr. Pink in Reservoior Dogs.

Second island has three ... but two are the same. Third island has none that I'm aware of. Leaves a rather huge gap in clothing styles considering Modo (I think?) has pretty damned crappy clothes and the high end stuff is not bad, but gets stale.

Even though IV is an overall better game than San Andreas imo.....it doesn't have quite the level of detail and things to do. Even so, I must say that flying through a near perfect Times square at night with a stolen helicopter makes up for it..:cool:

Cycling through clothes is annoying. Couldn't they have figured out a quicker way to process that? I think it was even faster in Bully.

I find myself wearing either an open breasted jacket with some black shirt underneath, or the white and black cycle jacket that I got from a mission. There really is not a good selection of clothing. I mean, come on, 1 pair of sunglasses? Unless I am missing something.

Have there been any announcements indicating what type of DLC there will be?

I find myself wearing either an open breasted jacket with some black shirt underneath, or the white and black cycle jacket that I got from a mission. There really is not a good selection of clothing. I mean, come on, 1 pair of sunglasses? Unless I am missing something.

THIS, one damn pair of sunglasses???

edit: I sound like such a jackass in this post :D. The game rocks btw.

yeah, i know they didnt want to put in heaps of non-niko like clothing, but geez, there isnt much choice at all really. Ive ended up just playing with stonewash jeans and theres a dark green (almost black) jacket from modo. The motorcycle jacket you get from the mission was the only other jacket i liked.

Wouldnt have minded some darker sunglasses too, im thinking the problem with that would've been him wearing them in cut scenes, his facial impressions would be hard to judge sometimes.

Small complaint for such a great game though

In San Andreas my guy ran around in urban camo pants, black shirt, a big fro, and the joke glasses with the big nose. Nothing says you're a hard gangsta when you dress like that.

I miss some of the physical stuff you could do in San Andreas, too. I liked making CJ really buff and wearing the suit, but there were a TON of things you could do in that game to customize your character. I think they wanted to take some of the RPG'ish elements away, but I actually really enjoyed them.
With this one, you can't even wear the outfit Niko has on in the ads. He's actually layering like 5-6 different outfits in all of the pictures.

I'm torn both ways, I like how you don't have to buff your character up to get certain things. Like how you can run and there is no stamina, I don't have to go to the gym all the time, etc. But yes the lack of options in clothes definitely sucks, but its really not that big of a deal considering what they managed to pull off with the rest of the game.

LOL..you gs are complaining about clothes. Sound like a bunch of wimminz

Perseus is a nice suit place.

Also SPOILER

There are new cloths in playboy's mansion and at the bottom of the statue of liberty.

If you make the right decision during the game you can get Tommys' clothes from GTA III.

Curious. Is there any way to get into Playboy's mansion if you kill off Dwayne instead of Playboy? Doors are all locked to me. Wouldn't imagine there is, but curious.

Perseus is a nice suit place.

Also SPOILER

There are new cloths in playboy's mansion and at the bottom of the statue of liberty.

Yea you also get clothes on various missions like the one where you work with the trash collectors.

The game overall doesn't have the side options some of the others ones had. You can't buy houses like you can in vc, you can't do nearly as much as sa as far as clothes, tats, etc.

Overall it still is a good game.

Back