• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GTA 4: PS3 or 360?

mokkapoop

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
1,155
So, I am picking up an XBOX 360 tomorrow for $350:

Includes Console, 20 gig hard drive,headset,wireless controller, play and charge kit,HD Av cable,Ethernet cable, WiFi internet module, Call of Duty 4, have original box and receipt $350 3 months old played only a couple of hours - This is one of the newer HDMI versions.

So, I am here to ask. Would you buy GTA 4 on PS3 or 360 next week. I already have a PS3 as well. The reason I am getting a 360 is I loved it and used to have one, prior to the latest models and hated it because of the problems. Apparently they are a lot better now.
 
The 360 will have exclusive DLC, so that would make it the better choice.
 
Microsoft's marketing division already did it's damage. You could wait until some reviews are out man to make a final decision because I don't think anyone will have a real good answer until. I have a PS3 and only a PS3, so my choice is obvious so that doesn't help ya. From what I've read though, the 360's haven't been too much better.
 
Xbox 360

-Better loading times (unless PS3 requires install to hard drive -> expect 10-15min wait right there)
-More future content (you have to pay for it -ve)
-Better multi-player (probably, not confirmed)
-Standard force feedback controllers
-Superior controller
 
Xbox 360

-Better loading times (unless PS3 requires install to hard drive -> expect 10-15min wait right there)
-More future content (you have to pay for it -ve)
-Better multi-player (probably, not confirmed)
-Standard force feedback controllers
-Superior controller

So out of that whole list, the only fact is the DLC. The rest is completely subjective.

Thats really the only difference between the two right now. Everything else should be identical. Multiplayer is a wash, as there will be no shortage online for the PSN version. most games support inviting friends now anyway on the PS3.

I'm still undecided on which version to get though. Leaning towards PS3, but may just wait on comparisons.
 
Hauser said he preferred the way PS3 renders the game. "soft but not fuzzy"

That's good enough for me.
 
I have both PS3 and 360.

I'll be getting it on PS3 because my 360 locks up every 20-30 minutes now :mad:
 
PS3 here too, If it installs the game then all the better!
 
Pure BS speculation or fact?

http://n4g.com/News-138806.aspx

Planet GTA : "PS3 version is undoubtedly superior to the Xbox 360"
304
PlanetGTA writes: "Contrary to what many expected, it seems as though the PlayStation 3 version is selling more than the Xbox 360 version at certain large retailers. UK retailer ASDA is reporting that the PS3 version is selling three times more than its rival - the Xbox 360. Over in Australia, EB Games is reporting that while their pre-sales figures show both versions selling fairly close, the PS3 version is in the lead. Another retailer in that country, Gametraders, is saying the PS3 version is selling double than the Xbox 360.

Interesting indeed, I myself - who is a big fan of the Xbox 360 - will be getting the PlayStation 3 version, as I've read and heard personally from people who have played the game already that this version is undoubtedly superior to the Xbox 360. Granted, not as much that I would recommend going out to buy a PS3 console if you have a 360 already. Too bad that episodic content is Xbox exclusive, is Take-Two/Rockstar regretting that decision now?"
 
Considering they were paid $50 million for it right off the bat, and they get a cut of the sales from the DLC, not to mention the sales of any and all copies sold on the 360 anyway... I'd say no, they are not regretting that decision. No one else would have given them that kind of money.

I will be getting it on the 360. Every single one of my friends has a 360. I'm the only one with a PS3.
 
Pure BS speculation or fact?


Interesting indeed, I myself - who is a big fan of the Xbox 360 - will be getting the PlayStation 3 version, as I've read and heard personally from people who have played the game already that this version is undoubtedly superior to the Xbox 360.

We should know in a few days. I think IGN's review will be up on Sunday. They were the site that reported, after a hands on preview with both, the PS3 version had "less aliasing issues".

There are a few recent quotes from Rockstar and Take Two people which seem to favor the PS3 despite their previous "identical" PR comment. But it's probably not a big difference. Although as a PS3 owner, it's nice to know Rockstar put some effort into the PS3 version. I read Sony had techs in white lab coats assisting Rockstar with developing for the PS3.
 
they prolly wont be very different except for the dlc and visually itll prolly be hard to tell the two apart
 
Anyone know if there will any side-by-side comparisons, a la Gametrailers? Seeing as I've got both, I'm kind of in the same boat
 
Pure BS speculation or fact?

....

Planet GTA : "PS3 version is undoubtedly superior to the Xbox 360"
That would be BS. On the bright side Eurogamer will be doing a comparison review pretty soon and you'll also be able to get comparisons elsewhere too.
 
You really can't go by preorder numbers outside the US for popularity of the game in the US, considering that the 360 only really sells well in the US. I imagine once they release sales figures 360 with bury the PS3 sales in the US.

As for which system to get it for, I'd go with 360 but that's just because I can't stand the feel of the PS3 controller. Yes, that's a completely subjective difference, but any difference between the systems is going to be subjective. The graphics are nearly identical with slight variations, but nothing substantial from all we've heard so far, and I imagine even though Sony sucks with their online plan for PS3, I imagine R* has put every feature from the 360 online version into the PS3 online version just because they built them side by side. The DLC is the only abtually objective difference between the 2, unless we find there is a huge difference in load times or slowdown on either system, which I don't anticipate. So, but it for whichever question you're most comfortable with.
 
(unless PS3 requires install to hard drive -> expect 10-15min wait right there)
I don't get the complaint about installs. I mean is waiting 5-10 minutes for the game to install the FIRST and only the first time you play that big a deal. God help me if having to wait a few minutes for the game to install was enough reason to sway me to the 360 version.

I have both consoles and my pre-order is for PS3. I'm not going to try to start an argument as to which version is better, but all I know is I could not care less about paying for more content I most likely wont need considering the scale of GTA games and I grew up playing GTA's on dualshock controllers and its familiar and I favor my DS3 for this game over the 360 pad.
 
Either way you go, you'll enjoy the retail game fully. If you want guaranteed future content for the game, get the 360 version. I'm also going to assume 360 will have more online players.
 
i don't have a console but if i would buy one to play the game it will be the PS3
 
I'm getting it for PS3 because I don't have a 360 anymore it died 3 times and I got rid of it.
 
I dont think the downloadable content is confirmed for exclusivity on the 360. The ps3 has the same capabilities, and Take Two would be crazy not to release downloadable content for ps3.....thats alot of sales.
 
I'm still waiting on reviews. If the PS3 version has an install option - all the better. I'd rather set it to install and go do something for 10-15 minutes rather than wait for each individual part of the game to load while I'm playing.
Considering the size and scope of the game I don't care about DLC, *but* I'm mainly interested in graphics and framerate. Sound, too. The PS3 has undeniably superior sound hardware...but will they use it? A lot of multiplatform games certainly didn't!

Once I've read 1-2 reviews I think I'll be able to decide.
 
I dont think the downloadable content is confirmed for exclusivity on the 360. The ps3 has the same capabilities, and Take Two would be crazy not to release downloadable content for ps3.....thats alot of sales.
Microsoft paid them $50 million for the 360 DLC. Would you pay $50m for non-exclusive DLC, especially if you were going to get it anyways? Microsoft is many things, but not quite that dumb. That $50m is there to make sure Take Two doesn't take a hit by not releasing PS3 DLC.

There are a lot of PS3 owners living in a certain river in Egypt, and they're going to be sorely disappointed.
 
I will be getting it on the 360. Every single one of my friends has a 360. I'm the only one with a PS3.

^ This. I'd rather play with friends online than random people, and I'm the only one with a PS3. We all have 360's.
 
Microsoft paid them $50 million for the 360 DLC. Would you pay $50m for non-exclusive DLC, especially if you were going to get it anyways? Microsoft is many things, but not quite that dumb. That $50m is there to make sure Take Two doesn't take a hit by not releasing PS3 DLC.

There are a lot of PS3 owners living in a certain river in Egypt, and they're going to be sorely disappointed.

There won't be the same DLC but I thought it had already been pretty much let out that the PS3 version would get some kind.

I'd hate to think of the price of the DLC on Live with that amount of cash laid down for it......

Anyways PS3 for me as everyone I know will be playing it on that. Nearly got my hands on a copy today too :mad:
 
same here.. i'm getting it for PS3.. beside, my yearly subscription with 360 has ended and i aint renewing it.. most of my friends have both system, but getting it on PS3 due to free online gameplay..
 
PS3 sucks balls - online features are crap, no extra content.

Im getting 360. Episodic content will only be 360.
 
Oh, I did I mention how craptacular the PS3 controllers are!? Let us not forget installs and load times...

ghey
 
Meh it's all subjective for me but seeing how I only have a 360, I think my choice was obvious. Plus, I really dislike the PS3 controller ever since the 360 came along. I'd still like to get a PS3 (mostly for Blu-Ray movies) but I'm waiting for more games to lure me.
 
There won't be the same DLC but I thought it had already been pretty much let out that the PS3 version would get some kind.

Actually, Sony said it. And, frankly, Sony lies and exaggerates more often than I'd prefer.

I'd hate to think of the price of the DLC on Live with that amount of cash laid down for it......

So you're saying unsubsidized DLC would be _cheaper_ than subsidized? How does that even work? Take Two / Rockstar is selling the DLC, not Microsoft.
 
Back
Top