GTA 4 Keeps Crashing/Freezing Even After Patch #2

[H]adouken

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got the game, forget about trying to run it on the highest settings it doesnt even load the first level. I put it on medium and got into the car but it froze my entire system (specs in sig) after 2 minutes. The benchmark goes down after a few seconds. Sometimes it crashes right before showing the "COUSINS BELLIC" text for the first level.

(1920 X 1200)

EDIT: now im in an infinite loop of the character drawings that show up when loading a level.

Crash = requiring hard reset, CTRL+ALT+DEL fails to do anything.

What the hell is going on? I cant even begin to figure out where to Google this...this is the most unpleasant gaming experience in the WORLD.

[H]adouken;1033814257 said:
I just got the game, forget about trying to run it on the highest settings it doesnt even load the first level. I put it on medium and got into the car but it froze my entire system (specs in sig) after 2 minutes. The benchmark goes down after a few seconds. Sometimes it crashes right before showing the "COUSINS BELLIC" text for the first level.

(1920 X 1200)

EDIT: now im in an infinite loop of the character drawings that show up when loading a level.

Crash = requiring hard reset, CTRL+ALT+DEL fails to do anything.

What the hell is going on? I cant even begin to figure out where to Google this...this is the most unpleasant gaming experience in the WORLD.

Try checking out GTAForums.com. They have a massive GTA IV PC community & you might find a solution to your problem there.

Also, make sure all your drivers are up-to-date and you have the latest version of NET framework 1, 2 & 3.5 with sp1 installed. Latest version of Windows Live etc

Of course I have the latest stuff, that's a non-issue with my computer, and SMH @ Windows Live not accepting my 7 month old account.

Edit: Disabled SLI, the game is running for 30 minutes now on max of max settings!!! 45-68FPS, stock clocks on both CPU and GPU. Sweetness!!!!! Now to figure out how to get SLI to work...

Edit2: Also would like to know how to save without internet...gotta look into that.

Edit3: Okay I got to the save to work! Just make an offline profile with Windows Live while in-game. Everythings fantastic so far, expect for the horrible aliasing for every line, but I guess AA would demolish my computer lol.

Back