GT72, G751, NP9773, or wait for Skylake?

I'm stuck on a laptop. Newegg has the MSI GT-80 Titan 965M SLI right now for 2,099. But with the announcement of the skylake line I may wait.

Indeed, and I think these other laptops that are still great should drop in price throughout the month and after the Skylake systems are released too. I'd be fine with a 4th or 5th gen CPU too. Thankfully I don't "need" one right away so I can watch things for a few weeks.

I was recently doing a lot of research between different gaming laptops. I settled on the ASUS G751 series due to it's build quality and cooling system. All systems are good, but I prefer the solid build of the ASUS. However, it does have its quirks, as do all the other manufacturers systems.

I would strongly suggest to wait until ASUS releases the G752 series (already announced): http://www.anandtech.com/show/9585/...tops-with-g752-and-liquid-cooled-gx700-series

I don't like the design of the new ASUS gaming laptops, way too bulky and ugly, and tries to mimic alienware, which was the first to be bulky and ugly.

skylake has shown to have lower IPC in gaming. I would think its worth it just for the energy and heat savings alone but the gaming IPC is proven to be a few percent lower overall in most games.

Back