GT218 [GeForce 210] multimonitor question

trinsnet

n00b
Hello, I have an ASUS branded NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210] (rev a2). I need to run HDMI to my TV and dual monitors via the dual link DVI-I connector. Before I get the DVI splitter, I would like to know if this card will run dual link DVI and HDMI simultaneously. I've read that some cards will run the DVI port in single link mode if the other ports (e.g. HDMI or DP) are in use...

Unfortunately, I cannot use the card's VGA port for the other monitor, and I don't have another PCIE slot available for a second graphics card.

Thanks!!

I seem to remember that these old cards only support two active displays simultanously. But I am unable to find any information to confirm this right now.

I seem to remember that these old cards only support two active displays simultanously. But I am unable to find any information to confirm this right now.
Thanks, I think you are correct although I haven't been able to find information to confirm this either. I will try to get a splitter and test. Failing that, I don't mind upgrading a bit:

Is there a card that is PCI-E, fanless, and would simultaneously support HDMI + 2xDP or 2xDVI? 4k support would be a bonus, but I am not sure if I can get that with passive cooling... I don't play games, I just have 2 panels for desktop work and a 4k TV, running on Debian Linux.

Edit: I found a breakdown of passively cooled graphics cards here
http://graphicscardhub.com/best-passively-cooled-graphics-card/

Last edited:
Back