• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GT takes up 2 slots

The Batman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,531
At least it does on my computer [Epox 8KDA3J]. Anyone else noticed this? Not that it's a problem really, I've still got a few slots left open, but it made the decision to Step Up to an Ultra Extreme that much easier.
 
Makes no difference to me...I always left that slot open anyway. I only use 1 pci slot for my Audigy2 and that's it.
 
Unfortunately if that is the case all the next gen cards will take up two slots for you. The 6800GT, X800PRO, and X800XTPE all have identical heights, and as you probably know the 6800U is taller than those three.

Not that it matters since the pci slot next to the agp port is worthless :)
 
yeah, a lot of people have noticed this, no big deal, I know I wouldn't want to put a card right in front of the fan of my gpu. Hell I usually put all of my pci cards towards the bottom to give as much air flow as possible.
 
I can fit a PCI network card in the slot next to the GT but I didn't well because I want the card to get as much air as possible...
 
Back
Top